Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   To Ironworks Members- Ignore Trolls, please (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80486)

Attalus 07-27-2002 09:10 AM

Darn, I missed it. Agree with Memnoch that the subtle ones, like "The Dark" are the most dangerous.

Memnoch 07-27-2002 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
Are you insinuating something? :(
I assure you that I would never dream of trolling a forum.
Or indeed, anywhere.
And I have never ever done anything wrong here either.
Or anywhere else.
Or perhaps there is a secret list of "known Trolls" that is circulated among mod's of various forums?
Hmmm...

Eh? I'm agreeing with you here, mate - about your troll definition (which was near-perfect, btw - the CLASSIC flamebaiting troll description). No need to get defensive. ;)

I've always found you to be a WYSIWYG person - a bit controversial, thickheaded, stubborn and provocative at times, but I'm pretty sure you're not a troll. If you were, you wouldn't be here now, so relax. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, I hope you don't consider yourself to be a part of that "Known Trolls" list that supposedly gets circulated around. I haven't got a copy of it, so I can't confirm or deny anything. :D

[ 07-27-2002, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

K T Ong 07-27-2002 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
I've always found you to be a WYSIWYG person - a bit controversial, thickheaded, stubborn and provocative at times, but I'm pretty sure you're not a troll.
What about me, Memnoch? Do I fit that description, too? :D

Memnoch 07-27-2002 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by K T Ong:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Memnoch:
I've always found you to be a WYSIWYG person - a bit controversial, thickheaded, stubborn and provocative at times, but I'm pretty sure you're not a troll.

What about me, Memnoch? Do I fit that description, too? :D </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think I mentioned you at all, KT - amazing how all these people are coming out of the woodwork! It's almost Freudian...I must take a note of this... :D

Lord Shield 07-27-2002 09:47 AM

LOL!!! This thread has more paranoia than the rest of the board! :D

Cloudbringer 07-27-2002 10:01 AM

I just want to say thanks to all of you for not giving in to temptation and fueling the Trolls' attempts to start flamewars here. I'm very proud of you all too. Wendy, wonderful post! :D

Mouse, thanks for the housecleaning, it smells alot better around here now! ;) :D

Mems, you didn't get your copy of the top-secret list? Hmmm.. I'll check the cc's on mine and get you one. ;) [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LS, a bit of excessive paranoia isn't too hard to find after a trollfest! LOL

Again, thank you all for letting the trolls go and waiting til housekeeping could sweep them up. :D I really am proud to be a member/mod of Ironworks! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Attalus 07-27-2002 10:01 AM

I don't think you can troll without knowing it, so some of you must have guilty consciences.

Lord of Alcohol 07-27-2002 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by K T Ong:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Memnoch:

What about me, Memnoch? Do I fit that description, too? :D </font>[/QUOTE]Well you look like a troll, smell like a troll, so you must be a....naaaa [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dramnek_Ulk 07-27-2002 10:36 AM

Quote:

Eh? I'm agreeing with you here, mate - about your troll definition (which was near-perfect, btw - the CLASSIC flamebaiting troll description). No need to get defensive.
Oh hurrah,
All It took was one 452 post thread that descended from the heights of Marxist theory, to rabid personal attacks, to see how that sort of thing all works.

Quote:

I've always found you to be a WYSIWYG person - a bit controversial, thickheaded, stubborn and provocative at times, but I'm pretty sure you're not a troll. If you were, you wouldn't be here now, so relax.
Ahh, So in other words, I'm just a normal everyday person. ;)

Madman-Rogovich 07-27-2002 10:42 AM

taken into account cheif , grinds axe angrily