Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Using Items (Quick Items?) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9109)

Locutis182 08-19-2002 07:13 AM

Ok, I am very new to BG. Having a very basic problem on the 2nd level if the first dungeon. When I get to the room with the wands on the wall, I try to use the keys to disable the traps (and get the wands) but am unable to equip them or use them in any way. Why won't they equip and how do I use them???

Very frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jon Irenicus 08-19-2002 07:25 AM

If ur character's class is anything but a Bard or a Mage/Sorcerer, u cant use wands, except for the magic missile wand. U can equip ur mage/bard/sorcerer with wands though.

Locutis182 08-19-2002 07:34 AM

Its not the wands that I am having trouble with. Its the keys which unlock the wands. (I beleive any way) When I try to use/remove the wands from the wall, it says I need the proper keys, which I have. How do I disable this trap and get the wands??????

I have tried disarming the traps but neither Imoen nor my own thief can do it.

johnny 08-19-2002 07:38 AM

That could also be a bug, i had that myself a couple of times. You sure you had them in the right order ?

Jon Irenicus 08-19-2002 07:44 AM

Strange.... never happened to me before. Why dont u try and patch it? It may help.

Sir Exxon 08-19-2002 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
That could also be a bug, i had that myself a couple of times. You sure you had them in the right order ?
<font color="gold">You don't need to have them in the right order.
As Johnny said, this sounds very much like a bug. Try downloading this patch, Locutis. ;)

Also, welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </font>

Locutis182 08-19-2002 07:54 AM

One last thing, should i be able to equip the keys to use them??

I read in user manual that you can right click on the Quick Item slot and it will bring up a list of items to equip in that spot. This also does not work. I will try the patches you suggested but am wondering if anyone else had the same problem that you know of?

Sir Exxon 08-19-2002 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Locutis182:
One last thing, should i be able to equip the keys to use them??
<font color="gold">No. As long as you have the keys in your inventory, clicking on the empty key-spots should do. ;) </font>

Locutis182 08-19-2002 08:09 AM

Ok, thanks for the help all. Will try the patch and see what happens.

Sir Exxon 08-19-2002 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Locutis182:
Ok, thanks for the help all. Will try the patch and see what happens.
<font color="gold">Do so, and tell us about the result. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>