Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Beautiful (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81566)

Arvon 09-30-2002 10:27 AM

Beautiful Grammar Lesson

One day, during a lesson on proper grammar, the teacher asked for a show of hands from those who could use the word "beautiful" in the same sentence twice.

First, she called on little Suzie, who responded with, "My father bought my mother a beautiful dress and she looked beautiful in it."

Very good, Suzie," replied the teacher. She then called on little Michael. "My mommy planned a beautiful banquet and it turned out beautifully," he said. Excellent, Michael!"

Then, the teacher called on little Johnny. "Last night, at the dinner table, my sister told my father that she was pregnant, and he said, "Oh that's beautiful, just beautiful!"

the sauceman 09-30-2002 10:41 AM

That was cute Arvon, thanks for sharing it with us.
not to hurt your feelings or anything, but wouldnt wonderful work also?
IMHO, I think wonderful would be better suited. I dont mean to sound condencending if I do, and I dont want to get you on the defensive either, and Im sorry if I do... Im studying to be an english teacher, you know? ;)

Arvon 09-30-2002 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by the sauceman:
That was cute Arvon, thanks for sharing it with us.
not to hurt your feelings or anything, but wouldnt wonderful work also?
IMHO, I think wonderful would be better suited. I dont mean to sound condencending if I do, and I dont want to get you on the defensive either, and Im sorry if I do... Im studying to be an english teacher, you know? ;)

You are right ...wonderful would have worked too. I just put the story here the way I found it. Unless they're very raunchy I usually don't edit them.

[ 09-30-2002, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

johnny 09-30-2002 11:00 AM

Hey.... will you leave me out of it for once ? :D

Keraptisdm 09-30-2002 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
You have left a legacy upon the face of the planet, Johnny. :D

Horatio 09-30-2002 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Keraptisdm:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

You have left a legacy upon the face of the planet, Johnny. :D </font>[/QUOTE]Don't encourage him, it'll make him worse :D

Hexa 09-30-2002 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Keraptisdm:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

You have left a legacy upon the face of the planet, Johnny. :D </font>[/QUOTE]hmm these legacies are just waht the world needs [img]smile.gif[/img]

*runs away screaming* THE HORROR THE HORROR [img]tongue.gif[/img]

edin gal 10-01-2002 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Yeah, leave me out off it too but excelent joke.