Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Do you guys like Sauna? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90153)

uss 05-21-2004 08:59 PM

Sauna - A small room, with a temperature of 60-120 degrees Celsius, where you sit on a wooden bench and throw water onto rocks to feel hot steam passing through your body. ;)

Have you ever been to a sauna before? Do you go regularly? How often?

3:40 AM here, alone on a dark Friday night, I just came from the sauna. God it feels so good that I just had to write a topic about it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sauna makes your body feel very relaxed.

I have a electric sauna at home and go there once or twice a week, on weekends.

I am curious about which people from which countries/cultures use the sauna. I think it is a Finnish invention, and since we're close neighbours and from the same heritage(Finno-Ugric) as the Finns, there are many saunas in Estonia. I can't imagine how many people from other countries have visited a sauna.

Thanks.

john 05-21-2004 09:06 PM

Used to use the sayna at a gym I used to go to.I'd love to put one in my bathroom at home,but don;t have the room.They're really relaxing,with or without herbs.

SomeGuy 05-21-2004 11:45 PM

Saunas... been to one twice. VERY relaxing. Even better when you got girls with you. :D

Kakero 05-22-2004 12:07 AM

Few times a week with my buddies. very very relaxing, unless one of my buddy who got this bad BO is sitting next to me. ;)

Illumina Drathiran'ar 05-22-2004 01:20 AM

I love saunas, and a nice long shower after. It's a very purifying experience.

Firestormalpha 05-22-2004 02:08 AM

Bad Someguy, Bad. ;) Is that from personal experience or just surmising that that would be the case? (what am I saying of course SG's scenario would be awesome, a little awkward at first. dang it someguy, now you got me thinking uhh "thought's")

I myself have never been to one.

{edited to remove rambling :D }

[ 05-22-2004, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Vaskez 05-22-2004 08:53 AM

I've only been a few times. Are you sure about the 120 degrees part?? The one I went it, it went up to about 95 and that was everyone's limit. By that stage it hurts to breathe! I'm one of those people who hardly sweats so I do need the high temperatures to get sweating properly and clean out those pores :D Can't say it was that amazing but it's one of those things you should try.

The Hierophant 05-22-2004 09:23 AM

As dodgy as this sounds, when I was a kid, the scout camp we went to had a sauna. We'd all pile in and sweat ourselves out. 'Course, that was before I and a few others were expelled for abuse of scout skills ;)

Megabot 05-22-2004 11:07 AM

I have only used a sauna two times and that was 20 years ago but as i remember it, it was wery relaxing maybe i should trie it again thanks for the head up USS [img]smile.gif[/img]

uss 05-22-2004 12:07 PM

Vaskez, yeah, I think 120 C is about as far as I can go. The most awesome way to see how hot it is is when you feel as if every bit of hair on your upper body is burning, especially on the back. :D

Hehe, I remember how when I was about 11 years old, my friend told me that he once was in a sauna that was 400-500 degrees hot. :D Lol, he used to be so full of shit, once he said "my Dad let me taste an alcoholic beverage with 160% alcohol." :D

Nice to see you after such a long time, Megabot. [img]smile.gif[/img] Try it, you won't regret it! ;)