Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   60 min/Woodwards interview (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76894)

john 04-19-2004 12:26 AM

Any comments on the interview from 60 min. tonight? It looks like we've got a religious zealot in the white house!!Lets dump these fools before they start nuken the rest of the world!

Chewbacca 04-19-2004 12:54 AM

Alas, I missed the interview! But here is a link to the 60 minutes webpage with a story on Woodward's book and interveiw:

LINK

skywalker 04-19-2004 06:33 AM

Things that bothered me about the show, if true:

The War in Iraq had been planned since December of '01.

Franks lied to the press that no one was planning the war.

The Bush Administration illegally diverted funds appropriated for Afganistan to the planning of the Iraq War.

Rumsfeld and Cheney divulged the war plan to a foreign agent (Bandahr of Saudi Arabia) and had not even told Powell at the time.

Bandahr's promise to lower oil prices to coincide with the November elections in order to help Bush keep his job.

How many books will come out before the Bush Administration is overwhelmed by damning truths or overinflated lies?

Mark

Sparhawk 04-19-2004 06:40 AM

Didn see it...damnit!
Anyway...I've known for some time that the war had been planned so early, that was divulged in an earlier show with the former minister of finance or sumthin...when he ran off with a lot of papers that told about it...even going as far as dividing Iraq into pieces for the american oil and gas companies...frustrating that my own government backed that lunatic.

It is quite frustrating to see the laste superpower degenerate politically as the USA has done since Bush took over.

Again...my view!
The war in Afghanistan was justified...the war in Iraq was NOT...it was however a good thing to remove Saddam! Our society has become so intermixed that we can no longer sit iddle when Tyrants roam...but who are we to dictate other people OUR politics...

The Hierophant 04-19-2004 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by skywalker:

I realise this is just 'he says, she says', but pretty much everything is anyway, so here goes...

My friends' younger brother graduated as a Lieutenant in the Australian army some 3 years ago. Around end of 2001 he told us that the Australian army command were already requesting volunteers to assist a 'potential' US-led invasion of Iraq in approximately a year's time. This was mere weeks after the invasion of Afganistan was 'over', and long before the Weapons of Mass destruction case was brought into public scrutiny. He wasn't supposed to tell us about the request, but he did anyway, he's good like that ;)

[ 04-19-2004, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]

wellard 04-19-2004 07:53 AM

Big story or what!!!! :eek: There is going to be a lot a fast talking on this one

I watch with intrest [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

John D Harris 04-19-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by skywalker:
Things that bothered me about the show, if true:

Mark

Big Whoopty Do!!!! Unless they have changed the calenders Dec. comes after Sept. 3 months after the U.S.A. was attacked not BEFORE THE U.S.A. was attacked. If any of you people could look at the classified plans in the Pentagon I'm willing to bet there are plans somewhere to attack damn near every country on this planet, just incase they are needed. Having a plan on paper and carrying out those plans are NOT the same thing. There are rooms full of people that all they do is write up plans.

As for the deverting of resourses to Iraq from Afganhistan what part of ANY COUNTRY that Harbors terrorists or aids terrorist do you people NOT understand? President Bush didn't say only Al Quada He said Terrorists!!

[ 04-19-2004, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: John D Harris ]

johnny 04-19-2004 09:55 AM

OOPS.... i thought he meant tourists.... :D

Timber Loftis 04-19-2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Silly Git! [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] :D Go back to your beer! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

John D Harris 04-19-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Oh No if he had said Tourists I'd be against it I make my living on skinning Tourists ;) Got to sell tourists T-shirts to make them think they had a good time on vacation [img]smile.gif[/img]