Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Why aren't kenders a rank? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92097)

Tasslehoff Burrfoot 10-30-2004 09:49 PM

Why aren't kenders a rank?
i mean seriously we're total power and sneakiness.
so again
Why aren't kenders a rank?

Larry_OHF 10-30-2004 10:32 PM

<font color=skyblue>It took me a moment to figure out what you were talking about. For those that do not want to do the research, a kender is like a hobbit or halfling, but have different personalities. If I am not mistaken, your username refers to a kender, from what other people on other forums say.

Also...kender is a word used in a White Wolf game setting for vampires.

To answer your question...because Ziroc has personally selected each rank. Take it up with him.</font>

[ 10-30-2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Jorath Calar 10-30-2004 10:59 PM

Kenders are kind of the Halflings of in the Dragonlance "universe"... rather annoying if I tell you the truth... probably not a rank lw enough to include them [img]smile.gif[/img]

Harkoliar 10-30-2004 11:08 PM

you beat me to it jorath [img]smile.gif[/img]

T-D-C 10-31-2004 12:07 AM

Maybe we could assign a Kender Avatar to the spammers ?

Stormymystic 10-31-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by T-D-C:
Maybe we could assign a Kender Avatar to the spammers ?
that would be the most horrible thing ever [img]tongue.gif[/img] do not tempt Z to do such a thing, I remember when he gave someone a lemon because they were whining about the ranks ;)

[ 10-31-2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]

wellard 10-31-2004 02:22 AM

Because Kenders are ALWAYS overlooked by us humans and elves .... Kenders being so small and hard to spot you see [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Kakero 10-31-2004 02:34 AM

Because I never even heard of Kenders before. LOL. :D

* wink at Stormy :

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 10-31-2004 06:14 AM

Kender are an interesting race. Tasslehoff is a great character in the Dragonlance series. It's almost hard to call them thieves because, to them, they are just picking up stuff that's lying around so it doesn't get lost or stolen. I think sometimes they honestly don't know how an item got into their pack. It's almost like breathing for them. The relationship between him and Flint Fireforge (Dwarf) is one of the great parts in the series.
The most notible thing about them is that they are virtually immune to fear. Even Dragons and the like are more of a fastination to them. I've only ever seen Tas afraid once and that was due to a powerful spell cast on the area to keep people out... makes me want to do some Dragonlance reading actually!

Bozos of Bones 10-31-2004 11:28 AM

Why aren't kenders a rank, you say? Why aren't elves a rank? Why isn't a human a rank? A dwarf? It would be very interesting to say "Yes, finally I'm human!"...
Now that you've reminded me, I vowed to go read some Dragonlance books... Where to start... Raistlin maybe?