Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Where's a "newbie" go to say Hello? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80652)

Ace of Spades 08-05-2002 10:09 AM

Okay, I'm not quite a newbie. I've been to this forum before, a while ago. Mostly stuck to the BG1 board. Now I'm interested in doing some writing & role-playing online. So where do I go, who do I talk to?

I am the Ace of Spades. Some of you might know me from other forums. Where do I go from here???

Mouse 08-05-2002 10:16 AM

Have a look round the Roleplaying Forum here for starters and don't be afraid to ask the regulars or the mods (Cloudy and Larry) for advice.

Hope this helps ;)

K T Ong 08-05-2002 10:23 AM

Hello, Ace. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You can go to the 'Hop To' field at the bottom right of this screen and choose 'Ironworks Online Roleplaying'. That will bring you to the IW Online Roleplaying board where you can find a lot of online RPing threads. If you're not sure whether you can join or how, you can always send a post to whichever thread interests you and ask. Most of the folks there are very friendly and will answer you, but sometimes you might need to wait a while before they will notice your post and respond.

Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Grojlach 08-05-2002 10:27 AM

Are you the same Ace of Spades from PlanetBG, by any chance?
Welcome, either way! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ace of Spades 08-05-2002 10:30 AM

IRT Grojlach,

Ummm, yes, the one and the same. Do we know each other?

johnny 08-05-2002 10:39 AM

Well, have a good time around here dude :D

Cloudbringer 08-05-2002 10:42 AM

HELLO Ace of Spades! :D

Do check the Online Roleplay forum out! We'll happily give you info, pointers or just play! [img]graemlins/balloons.gif[/img]

And Welcome to Ironworks!

Cloudbringer
<font color="plum">Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forums</font>

Piestrider 08-05-2002 12:01 PM

Hi Ace of Spades, just recently being a newbie here myself I just thought I would point out that the people here are really nice and they almost allow anyone into their threads. Like the others have said, if you aren't sure if you can join or not just pm someone. Just not Cloudy, (it takes her a while to answer :D ) just kidding Cloudy.

Cerek the Barbaric 08-05-2002 12:30 PM

<font color="plum">Welcome, <font color="lightsteelblue">Ace of Spades</font>.

There are many good threads in the Roleplaying forum...it just depends on what type of gaming you like to do.

I am the DM for the <font color="lime">Octagon</font> thread - an arena-combat style thread where you create an actual AD&D character and enter him into arena fights against other characters (and sometimes, monsters).

<font color="cyan">Dark Clouds and Darker Plots</font> is being run by <font color="orange">Cyril Darkcloud</font> and has a limit of around 5th level for new characters...but it's open for anyone to join. It will be run similar to a DM-controlled AD&D game.

If you prefer a more "free wheel" approach, check out <font color="yellow">Hazardous Times</font>. It features high-level characters whose actions aren't restricted by a DM. <font color="dodgerblue">Attalus</font> is "running" the current storyline.

Hope this helps, and hope to see you in the Roleplaying Forums soon.</font>

Attalus 08-05-2002 02:31 PM

LOL, thanks for the plug, Cerek. "Free-wheeling " definitely describes Hazardous Times. We'd be glad to have you, but please e-mail me at chefdoc106@aol.com with your character, so I can write you in.