Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   BABY BOOMER QUALIFYING EXAM (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89001)

John D Harris 01-09-2004 11:40 PM

Answers to be given out later :D

QUESTION #1:
Name the Beatles--both the first and last name of each, of course.

Consider this a warm-up. If you can't answer this one without thinking, close up the test, and move on to something else. We have nothing further to discuss.

__________________________________________________ ________

#2 Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, ____ _____!" Admittedly, this came along before we boomers were born. But we were raised with it.

#3: "Hey kids, what time is it?" ______ _________ ________ ________.

#4: What do M&M's do? _____ ___ ______ ________, _____ __ ____ ____.

#5: What helps build strong bodies 12 ways? _________ _________.

#6: Long before he was Muhammad Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew him as _________ _________.

#7: "You'll wonder where the yellow went, _____ ____ ______ _____ ______ _____ ___________."

#8: Those post-baby boomers, or baby boomer wannabees, know Bob Denver as the Skipper's "little buddy." But we true boomers know that Bob Denver is actually Dobie's closest friend, _____________ G. _____________.

#9: "M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y: ______? __________ ____ _______ ______."

#10: Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the lobby of the girls' dormitory ___________________.

#11: "Brylcream: ___ ________ _______ _______ ______ _______."

#12: Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone ________ _____.

#13: From the early days of our music, real rock 'n roll, finish this line:

"I wonder, wonder, wonder wonder who; _______ _______ ______ ______ ____ ________."

#14: And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh, huh...yeah; what is it good for? ___________ ____________."

#15: This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone? Perhaps you could use a little help here: "Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago? Where have all the flowers gone? ____ ______ _____ _______ _____ ______ ____."

#16: Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and ______ _______________ __________.

#17: He came out of the University of Alabama, and became one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL, and later went on to appear in a television commercial wearing women's pantyhose. He is Broadway _______ _____________.

#18: "I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finish, ______ __ _____ ___ _______ . I'm Popeye the sailor man."

#19: Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was recently played by Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was played by ___________ _____________.

#20: In the movie, The Graduate, young Benjamin, played by Dustin Hoffman, was counseled about his future, and told to consider one thing: _______________.

#21: In another movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (played by Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other prisoners, and explained, "What we have here, ____ ___ ___________ _____ _________________."

#22: In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics. "Just think, you won't have ________ ____________ to kick around any more."

#23:"Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive; He stood six foot, six, weighed two-eighty-five. Kinda broad at the shoulder, and narrow at the hip. And everybody knew you didn't give no lip _____ ______ ________."

#24: "I found my thrill, _____ ____________ __________________." You may remember Richie Cunningham singing this. But if you are a true boomer, you know it was Fats Domino who made this line famous.

#25: "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, ___________ ____ ____ ." This originated long before even the first of us boomers was born. But in order to be a true baby boomer, you have to have some breadth.

#26: "Good night, David." "_________ __________, __________."

#27: "Liar, liar, ______ ___ _____ ."

#28: "When it's least expected, you're elected; You're the star today. Smile! _______ ___ _______ _______."

#29: From our parents' day, as I recall, it was Pogo, the comic strip character, who said, "We have met the enemy, and ___ ___ ___ ."

#30: Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop? ______________

InjaYew 01-10-2004 02:06 AM

AUGH! AUGH! AUGH! I was halfway through this when I hit something and closed down the whole page.....

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-022.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-017.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-060.gif

I don't have it in me to start again tonight, but I promise I know almost all of these AND I made up semi-amusing answers to the ones I didn't. Ya'll will just have to take my word on it. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-068.gif

shadowhound 01-10-2004 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by John D Harris:

QUESTION #1:
Paul McCartney, Ringo Star

Consider this a warm-up. If you can't answer this one without thinking, close up the test, and move on to something else. We have nothing further to discuss.
Oh crap...

#2 Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears,
oh my?!" Admittedly, this came along before we boomers were born. But we were raised with it.

#4: What do M&M's do?
Melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

#6: Long before he was Muhammad Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew him as
Cassius Clay.

#10: Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the lobby of the girls' dormitory
NAKED!!!

#14: And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh, huh...yeah; what is it good for?
absolutely nothing."

#18: "I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finish,
cause I eat me spinache . I'm Popeye the sailor man."

#21: In another movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (played by Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other prisoners, and explained, "What we have here,
is a failure to communicate."

#27: "Liar, liar,
pants on fire ."
Well I am only 17, what did you expect [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-10-2004, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: shadowhound ]

InjaYew 01-10-2004 11:04 AM

QUESTION #1:

John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr aka Richard Starky, and the stinkmeister Paul McCartney

#2 Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, _OH MY_!" Admittedly, this came along before we boomers were born. But we were raised with it.

#3: "Hey kids, what time is it?" Howdy Doody Time, or happy hour. I forget which. ;)

#4: What do M&M's do?
Melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

#5: What helps build strong bodies 12 ways?

Wonder Bread

#6: Long before he was Muhammad Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew him as _________ _________. I think it’s Captain Kangaroo, but other opinions may vary. 8o

#7: "You'll wonder where the yellow went,when you brush yer teeth with Pepsodent!" Disgusting visual ain’t it?

#8: Those post-baby boomers, or baby boomer wannabees, know Bob Denver as the Skipper's "little buddy." But we true boomers know that Bob Denver is actually Dobie's closest friend, ___Maynard__________ G. ____Krebs_________. And yes I’m sorta embarrassed that I know this. ;)

#9: "M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y: Why? Because we like you." I guess we know where Fred Rogers got his schtick now. ;)

#10: Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the lobby of the girls' dormitory NEKKID! 8o

#11: "Brylcream: Greasy Kid stuff? Televangelist hair heaven? Funny smelling, insect attracting, slimy hair goo?

#12: Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone over 30 and BD is STILL God. Thank you and goodnight. ;)

"I wonder, wonder, wonder wonder who; ba doo who wrote the book o’ love.

#14: And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh, huh...yeah; what is it good for? Absolutely nothin’. Good God ya’ll!

#15: This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone? Perhaps you could use a little help here: "Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago? Where have all the flowers gone? The flowers are gone?! I blame George Bush!

#16: Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way.

#17: He came out of the University of Alabama, and became one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL, and later went on to appear in a television commercial wearing women's pantyhose. He is Broadway Joe Namath. He also posed nekkid for Playgirl. 8o

#18: "I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finish,cuz I eats me spinch. I'm Popeye the sailor man."

#19: Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was recently played by Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was played by Wendy O. Williams?

#20: In the movie, The Graduate, young Benjamin, played by Dustin Hoffman, was counseled about his future, and told to consider one thing: Plastics. 

#21: In another movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (played by Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other prisoners, and explained, "What we have here is a failure to communicate.

#22: In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics. "Just think, you won't have Pat Paulsen to kick around any more." 

#23:"Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive; He stood six foot, six, weighed two-eighty-five. Kinda broad at the shoulder, and narrow at the hip. And everybody knew you didn't give no lip to Big John."

#24: "I found my thrill, Blueberry Hill." You may remember Richie Cunningham singing this. But if you are a true boomer, you know it was Fats Domino who made this line famous.

#25: "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are ." This originated long before even the first of us boomers was born. But in order to be a true baby boomer, you have to have some breadth.

#26: "Good night, David." "Good night Goliath."

#27: "Liar, liar, pants on fire. Nose as long as a telephone wire.

#28: "When it's least expected, you're elected; You're the star today. Smile! You’re on Candid Camera." :D

#29: From our parents' day, as I recall, it was Pogo, the comic strip character, who said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us ."

#30: Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop? Actually I think that was me...
What I want to know is, who put the ram in the rama-lama ding dong. No WONDER parents in the 50s were incensed. These lyrics are pure filth!

NEXT!
;)

PS~ Actually I’m not sure what the boomer years are, but I don’t *think* I make the cut. :D

Bungleau 01-10-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

QUESTION #1:
John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, and Pete Best. Don't know Pete? Do some research... :D

#2 Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, oh, my!"
#3: "Hey kids, what time is it?" It's howdy doody time! (and this was before my time).

#4: What do M&M's do? They melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

#5: What helps build strong bodies 12 ways? Milk does.

#6: Long before he was Muhammad Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew him as Cassius Clay.

#7: "You'll wonder where the yellow went, _____ ____ ______ _____ ______ _____ ___________."

#8: Those post-baby boomers, or baby boomer wannabees, know Bob Denver as the Skipper's "little buddy." But we true boomers know that Bob Denver is actually Dobie's closest friend, Maynard G. Krebs?.

#9: "M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y: Why? Because we like you."

#10: Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the lobby of the girls' dormitory naked.

#11: "Brylcream: A little dab will do ya (thanks, Jimmy Buffet(."

#12: Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone over thirty.

"I wonder, wonder, wonder wonder who; who wrote the book of love."

#14: And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh, huh...yeah; what is it good for? Absolutely nothin' (say it again)."

#15: This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone? Perhaps you could use a little help here: "Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago? Where have all the flowers gone? Gone to graveyards, every one (at least at the end)."

#16: Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and The American way (isolationist? Not us... :D ).

#17: He came out of the University of Alabama, and became one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL, and later went on to appear in a television commercial wearing women's pantyhose. He is Broadway Joe Namath.

#18: "I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eats me spinach. I'm Popeye the sailor man."

#19: Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was recently played by Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was played by female... Mary Martin? .

#20: In the movie, The Graduate, young Benjamin, played by Dustin Hoffman, was counseled about his future, and told to consider one thing: Plastics!

#21: In another movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (played by Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other prisoners, and explained, "What we have here, is a failure to communicate."

#22: In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics. "Just think, you won't have Richard Nixon to kick around any more."

#23:"Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive; He stood six foot, six, weighed two-eighty-five. Kinda broad at the shoulder, and narrow at the hip. And everybody knew you didn't give no lip to Big Bad John?."

#24: "I found my thrill, on Blueberry Hill."

#25: "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are (or is it whoever?)."

#26: "Good night, David." "Good night, Chet (the Huntley-Brinkley Report sign-off)."

#27: "Liar, liar, pants on fire (hanging from a telephone wire)."

#28: "When it's least expected, you're elected; You're the star today. Smile! You're on Candid Camera!"

#29: From our parents' day, as I recall, it was Pogo, the comic strip character, who said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

#30: Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop? Elvis? All I know is it's the same guy who put the ring in the ring-a-ding-a-ling

And I'm no boomer... I'm the generation after them. How'd I do?

Intrepid 01-11-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

QUESTION #1:

John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Star

#2 Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my" Admittedly, this came along before we boomers were born. But we were raised with it.

#3: "Hey kids, what time is it?" it's something [img]tongue.gif[/img] time.

#4: What do M&M's do? Melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

#5: What helps build strong bodies 12 ways? i think it was some type of bread.

#6: Long before he was Muhammad Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew him as someone clay.

#7: "You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush with pepsodent."

#10: Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the lobby of the girls' dormitory naked.

#14: And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh, huh...yeah; what is it good for? absoloutly nothing."

#15: This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone? Perhaps you could use a little help here: "Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago? Where have all the flowers gone? Young girls picked them every one, oh when will they ever learn, whn will they ever learn."

#18: "I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finish, 'cause i eat me spinnitch . I'm Popeye the sailor man."

#25: "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are." This originated long before even the first of us boomers was born. But in order to be a true baby boomer, you have to have some breadth.

#27: "Liar, liar, pants on fire."

#28: "When it's least expected, you're elected; You're the star today. Smile! your on candid camera."

#30: Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop? who put the wang in the rabba dabba ding dong

John D Harris 01-12-2004 12:30 AM

And the answers are..................

1. John Lennon, (James) Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr (Richard Starkey).

2 “...oh my!”

3 “It’s Howdy Doody time!”

4 Melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

5 Wonder Bread

6 Cassius Clay

7 “...when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.”

8 Maynard G. Krebs

9 “...Why? Because we like you.”

10 Naked.

11 “A little dab’ll do ya.”

12 Over 30.

13 “...wrote the Book of Love.”