Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hide in Shadows - Backstab (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13423)

The Lilarcor 07-23-2003 10:21 AM

Since thieves backstab when they are hidden in shadows, shouldn't rangers be able to backstab when hidden in shadows or is it just thieves who back stab?
Also, are just daggers and small swords used for backstabbing or can bows and crossbows be used as well?

Jim 07-23-2003 10:37 AM

Only the Stalker Ranger kit can also backstab (although as a lesser degree than a high level thief).

A thief can backstab with any weapon he can become proficient in (bar bows and crossbows), so clubs, staves will also do the trick.

Yanez 07-23-2003 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jim:
Only the Stalker Ranger kit can also backstab (although as a lesser degree than a high level thief).

A thief can backstab with any weapon he can become proficient in (bar bows and crossbows), so clubs, staves will also do the trick.

But what about katanas? I had Yoshi and Valygar once and I tried to backstab Tolgerias, both of them are proficient in katanas, but if you try to backstab with it you will get ˝Weapon unsuitable for backstab˝ message.

BaRoN NiGhT 07-23-2003 01:23 PM

<font color="cc0099">it should work also with katanas.works properly for me.have the latest patches?</font>

--------------------

Yanez 07-23-2003 01:32 PM

Yep, official patch, Baldurdash Fixpack, and some WeiDU mods -in that order.

[ 07-23-2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Yanez ]

Sir Exxon 07-23-2003 04:36 PM

<font color="gold">A little off topic, but in true 2nd Ed., all Rangers are allowed to backstab, if they buy that ability. ;) </font>

Xen 07-23-2003 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">A little off topic, but in true 2nd Ed., all Rangers are allowed to backstab, if they buy that ability. ;) </font>
Talking about implenting 2nd Edition rules into the game [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

wellard 07-23-2003 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
<font color="cc0099">it should work also with katanas.works properly for me.have the latest patches?</font>

--------------------

I can not backstab with a katana either? is there a specific mod to fix this?

daan 07-23-2003 06:26 PM

Baldurdash should fix it.

Quoted from baldurdash, Shadows of Amn bugfixes
Quote:

Stalkers Losing Backstab Ability Fix resolves the bug which would cause all non-protagonist Stalker rangers (most notably Valygar) to permanently lose their Backstab ability if they died and were raised by any method. Note: although this will not restore the Backstab of a Stalker in an existing game, it will prevent it from happening again, and the ReadMe contains detailed instructions on how to restore it.)
Quote:

Valygar's Corthala Family Blade Backstab & AC Bonus Fix adds the missing 2 AC bonus vs. Slashing weapons that is supposed to be there as per the description, updating the previous fix for this item that resolves the problem of Valygar not being able to backstab with it. Thanks to Beige Tangerine for the backstab fix!

605 07-23-2003 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Good to see I'm not the only one who knows a little too much about the 2nd ED rules. :D