Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Electrical body charge? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73633)

Dreamer128 02-21-2002 05:54 PM

All right mate, stay put. My friend Mr Mulder should drop by in a few hours to check things out ;)

Barry the Sprout 02-21-2002 06:31 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I am reminded of that Erie Indiana Episode where the twin boys sleep in tupperware and live for a hundred years [img]tongue.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

You seem to be reminded of that an awful lot recently...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

*\Conan/* 02-21-2002 07:25 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dreamer128:
All right mate, stay put. My friend Mr Mulder should drop by in a few hours to check things out ;) <hr></blockquote> Ummm, what are you going to do to me and who is Mr Mulder? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Barry, what do you make of all this?

Epona 02-21-2002 07:36 PM

Conan, you are not alone!

I have a huge problem with static electricity. I get shocks off everything - and I give shocks to other people to the extent that you can actually see a blue spark leap between me and the other person. When I used to work in retail, handing over the change would be a nightmare - I used to pray that no-one with a pacemaker would pick my checkout.

I once (no, tell a lie, it has happened a few times) had a huge shock off a metal filing cabinet at work - the entire office heard the crack made by the spark, and it burned my fingers. I can't wear digital watches, because they stop. I have shorted out PCs. The worst thing is kissing, have you ever had an electric shock to the lips? I always try to ground myself by touching wood or plastic before I touch anything metal, or another person - it hurts both of us. Synthetic fibre carpets are my enemy, they really build up the static.

Once I was on a flight, the cabin lights were out and I had one of those synthetic blankets they give you on overnight flights. It crackled every time I shifted - one of my travelling companions told me that they could see the sparks coming off me.

And yes, I have a lot of bad hair days.

Hey, I'm just electric ;)

/)eathKiller 02-21-2002 08:12 PM

You should watch the movie "Powder" its a good movie that has to deal with that sorta thing...

a child who was born just after his mother was stuck dead with lightening!

Gabriel 02-21-2002 08:13 PM

It problably a chemical imblance in your nerves system.
I have the same kind of exprience, execept I seem to abosrb electrical pulses, be it one of school electric orb thing a battey or even a lampost it hardly bothers me, I do suffer bad headaces if surrounded by a lot electrical devices of some time.

Epona 02-21-2002 08:34 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
You should watch the movie "Powder" its a good movie that has to deal with that sorta thing...

a child who was born just after his mother was stuck dead with lightening!
<hr></blockquote>

LOL, I've seen it, so I know exactly what you mean!!! I'm not quite like that ;)

Larry_OHF 02-21-2002 08:53 PM

<font color=skyblue>When I was a kid, I would scoot through the house on my bedroom shoes all over the carpet. When I could feel the energy coursing through me, I would go over to my light switch and put my finger about an inch away. A lightning bolt of blue energy would come out nd sting my finger! It hurt like hell, but was the coolest thing that a kid like me could do!

I have had no other electrical powers like the ones you mentioned above, but I do know that I need to ground myself on something before kissing my wife...unless I am feeling evil and wanna get back at her for something...~hehe...</font>

Epona 02-21-2002 09:09 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>but I do know that I need to ground myself on something before kissing my wife...unless I am feeling evil and wanna get back at her for something...~hehe...</font><hr></blockquote>

Wicked Larry!
At least it's not just me that gets this, I was a little embarrassed mentioning it!

Scholarcs 02-21-2002 10:39 PM

Maybe you are special. :D

I just know that I have to keep in contact with the car door before I touch the ground.