Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Roger the Robber (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1665)

Fuzzy Animal 01-07-2002 02:22 PM

Roger the Robber (halfling thief) is my first attempt to take a character all the way through Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II The Shadow of Amn, and Baldur's Gate The Throne of Bhaal. Wish me luck.

J'aran 01-07-2002 02:24 PM

Good luck [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 01-07-2002 04:52 PM

<font color="cyan">Good luck, but with name like that I'm shocked Gorion adopted you....I would have kicked you out of the door.

Just kiddin, Good luck. I was gonna do it with my fighter, before i lost the game. :( </font>

SecretMaster 01-07-2002 09:01 PM

Good luck, and here's a crowd of people who wish you luck [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Lemernis 01-07-2002 10:08 PM

Good luck with Roger the (Artful) Dodger. You may want to consider starting him as a fighter BG1/Tales, then dualing him to thief. If you work it right I would imagine you can achieve grandmastery (after the conversion pricess in BG2) in short sword (katana would be more powerful of course, but aesthetically hobbits just seem like they ought to be wielding short swords) by dualing pretty early in BG1/Tales. Then he can score monster hits well over 100 on his backstabs in BG2.

Edit: Ack, stayed up too late at night and went brain dead. No dualing hobbitses of course.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]</p>

Fuzzy Animal 01-08-2002 09:30 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lemernis:
Good luck with Roger the (Artful) Dodger. You may want to consider starting him as a fighter BG1/Tales, then dualing him to thief. If you work it right I would imagine you can achieve grandmastery (after the conversion pricess in BG2) in short sword (katana would be more powerful of course, but aesthetically hobbits just seem like they ought to be wielding short swords) by dualing pretty early in BG1/Tales. Then he can score monster hits well over 100 on his backstabs in BG2.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]
<hr></blockquote>I wanted a halfling, for racial bonuses and roleplaying experience. I don't think you can dual demihumans. I'm sure that I will do my share of backstabbing, although, I am hoping to be deadly with a sling, like any good hobbit (halfling).

Lemernis 01-08-2002 10:56 AM

Never mind, heh! (I was still waking up with my coffee.)

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]</p>

andy the assasin 01-08-2002 12:03 PM

i am going through the whole series with a theif as well. Except mine is an elf, as elves are good with bows.

Lavindathar 01-08-2002 01:18 PM

<font color="cyan">Roger The Robber, Andy The Assasain.

Where do you get your names??

I think I might have to become Brad The Bard or something.

</font>

SixOfSpades 01-08-2002 01:56 PM

If you're doing a Halfling, why not a Multi Fighter/Thief? You get your Thieving skills only a little bit slower, and you get better THAC0 and a MUCH better selection of items you can use (like helmets....). Unless you want to take one of the kits, of course. Because it just seems to me that a pure Halfling Thief would max out on his Thieving skills awfully quick (relatively speaking, that is) and then have nowhere to go.