Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Gasp! The Horror! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80860)

Moni 08-25-2002 11:31 AM

My monitor is dying!
For the past week it has been "jumping" for a sec and then regaining stability but the occurence of the "jumps" is becoming more frequent and it is making me feel like could go at any second.

Am I wrong?

The bad part?
I just spent $500.00 on a new (oh so cute and comfy!) bed yesterday and another $40.00 on a new CD Rom drive.
I have a whole twenty-eight cents in my pocket at present LOL!
So, if I disappear for a while or my sites become completely inactive (while being built/moved) its because I will have no way to continue until I get another monitor.

Attalus 08-25-2002 11:35 AM

Gee, Moni, sorry to hear about your hardware problems, but if you disappear, I will save all my pro-Bush comments until you get back. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bokken 08-25-2002 11:35 AM

You know that the bed is going to have to go now. Oh and get a nice 21" this time! I'm sure the loss of the bed will be worth it! hehe

Seriously though can't you have it looked into? I'm not sure how far monitor repairs can go but it might be worth it in the end.

Beaumanoir 08-25-2002 11:36 AM

[img]redface.gif[/img]

Poor You. I Always Try To Keep Some Money In Reserve For Emergencies... Thats A Lie... I Just See + Spend [img]tongue.gif[/img]

K T Ong 08-25-2002 11:39 AM

Get an LCD monitor!

Lord Shield 08-25-2002 11:43 AM

do you haev a spare monitor? (maybe a friend could lend you one). otherwise lots of squinting maybe?

Moni 08-25-2002 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
Gee, Moni, sorry to hear about your hardware problems, but if you disappear, I will save all my pro-Bush comments until you get back. [img]smile.gif[/img]
See, deep down, I always knew you were a nice guy! Thank you! ;)

Bokken, I don't know if it would be worth it, this monitor is pretty old!
(Optiquest V775 by View Sonic). I am not getting rid of the bed! I slept so soundly last night I wasn't sure where I was when I woke up this morning LOL!

Beaumanoir,
It was an emergency LOL! KHaN took his room back LOL! It was either sleep on a couch or loveseat or in here with the snore monster! I took my "old" room back but ditched the cot I couldn't sleep on without having back problems.

KHan has a substantial amount in savings if we need it so I am not afraid of any real emergencies, but he told me he isn't buying me a new monitor if this one goes today. Unfortunatley, it will be a couple of months before it can be replaced if that happens.

No spares LS. :( Well, come tomorrow I will be in school most of the time but I did want to get my web pages moved during the evenings since I know I can't finish them all today.

K T Ong,
I'll probably get KHaN's "old" monitor and he'll get a new one. His is a 19" flat something or another...pretty nice actually. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-25-2002, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

The.Relic 08-25-2002 11:46 AM

Gadz Moni! I'm really sorry to read this. . I had a similar problem last year. My monitor was going too. I was getting "pink screen fadeout". . I kept wondering when it would become the pink screen of permanent death! I hope it lasts until you can get a new one. .

Beaumanoir 08-25-2002 11:49 AM

Well, For Money, You Should Pawn His.... Errm... Face.. More Money & Less Snoring... Every Body Is Happy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Moni 08-25-2002 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The.Relic:
Gadz Moni! I'm really sorry to read this. . I had a similar problem last year. My monitor was going too. I was getting "pink screen fadeout". . I kept wondering when it would become the pink screen of permanent death! I hope it lasts until you can get a new one. .
Thanks The.Relic!
There is no fading going on though, just the "jump" thing. like it is trying to restart itself but doesn't quite get there. Maybe there is hope after all?

[ 08-25-2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]