Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tell me ... (final battle spoilers) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19852)

Merlin from Amber 05-04-2003 05:21 PM

The Solar gives me a choice. Please tell me what happens if I choose to become 'planes walker' i.e. god, because I do not want to do that fight again. There are no more grater whirlpool attacks left and my planetar was lucky to kill the Eye tyrant with one hit and Aerie was killing the Meli's minions with some simple spells and ... This battle is difficult you know. So please just tell me what happens if I choose to be god?
Thank you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Luvian 05-04-2003 05:27 PM

If you chose to become a god, you become a god, but if you were in a romance, your romance is screwed.

If you stay a mortal, well, you stay a mortal. If you were in a romance, it will conclude and you will get the romance ending too.

I won't spoil the detail of each endings. You might become a good or an evil god depending on how you acted in the game.

Dace De'Briago 05-04-2003 05:31 PM

Would it be too hard to save the game at this point, choose one option, see how it works out, then reload, and choose the other one?

Probably.

Merlin from Amber 05-04-2003 06:01 PM

Luvian it is strange - I do have rommance with Aerie (in SoA), but ... ?
I defeat Irenicus and the game continue in ToB until Meli's fourth death and that Solar (again [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Dace De'Briago the game can not be saved. When you defeat Meli for fourth time the Solar apears and you've got to make the choice. So to try the other choice I'll have to defeat Meli for fouth time again. I don't want to do this battle again thats why I'm asking about what happens if I choose to be god. I already finished the game as mortal.

Borg 05-06-2003 04:02 PM

To me, the mortal ending on the good path is more rewarding. (Side note, is the mortal ending different whether you are good or evil?)

If you saved the game just before the last Meli battle, you could go back to that save, but make the rules the easiest possible so you are able to cruise through the battle. Then after the end, choose the other path -- you'll then get to see that good god ending.

TheCrimsomBlade 05-06-2003 11:17 PM

The Become A god ending is cool and I think you'll like it weather your good or bad. Go for it, how does this sound Merlin from Amber God of Death!!!

The Hierophant 05-08-2003 02:53 AM

3 different endings:
Good: You become an eternal force for justice and righteousness in the universe (Good Godhood ending). Available only to players who behaved themselves during the course of the game.

Evil: You become an eternal force for cruelty and tyranny in the universe (Evil Godhood ending). Available only to players who were wicked, naughty children of Bhaal in the game.

Neutral: You renounce your godhood and carry on your life as a mortal. Available to all players. Same ending cinematic whether you are good or evil.

TaSSaDaR 05-08-2003 08:08 AM

Personally I like the good godhood path most. Its so cool to become a god!! Felt like I was washed in a pool of adrenaline [img]smile.gif[/img]