Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A really tough battle (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18413)

Charlander 12-10-2001 09:51 AM

M
I
N
O
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Does anybody else find the battle against Sendai extremely difficult or is it just me??

I almost killed the bitch, but then I was bit by one of the spiders she summoned! That really sucked!

Let me hear some of your experiences from that battle...

Dundee Slaytern 12-10-2001 10:19 AM

With the exception of the first Bhaalspawn that you meet, Sendai is by far, the easiest Bhaalspawn to defeat. To defeat Sendai, you just need to have stamina, not just brute force. Fast killing is not the order of the day here, because each time you kill one of her clones, more drow warriors join in the fight. This is a common mistake which leads to the swarming of the player, and thus increasing the chance that the player will die. What you need to do is to kill the drow warriors first before you kill Sendai's clones. The clones are very easy to kill and should not be a problem for anybody. Long term summons like Skeleton Warriors, Mountain Bears, Fire Elementals, Aerial Servants are very suitable for this fight, as they can last many, many rounds. Devas and Planetars are very good for this fight as well, as they can detect Sendai clones who go Stealth or when they are Mages.

I have never lost anybody to Sendai before, not even the first time I fought her when I was not aware of her tricks, I sometimes wonder how can Melissan even consider her to be one of the most powerful Bhaalspawn... ...

Yggdrasil 12-10-2001 11:19 AM

Fighting Sendai isn't really that hard, but it can take forever. Equip your best fighter with boots of speed and and have him/her keep pounding Sendai whenever she 'enters' a new statue. Keep the rest of the party over by the 'front door' to deal with the drow who keep spawning.

andy the assasin 12-10-2001 11:48 AM

the easiest way to defeat sendai is send a fallen planetar after all the statues along with another powerful tank. make sure you leave a good tank by the door to take out the drow wariors then make sure you keep attacking the statues with your mages, clerics other tanks e.t.c. Then by the time sendai appears you will still be strong enough to take her out.

Halaster 12-10-2001 01:39 PM

I beat her by summoning a Fallen Planetar to fend off the spawned drow. Then fight her current incarnation with 2 of my fighters(Sarveok and Jaheira), while placing Minsc and his Helm-of-Vhailor summoned simulacrum at next statue so they can beat on her while the other 2 move on to the next..and so on. I never had any trouble with the drow reinforcements. The Planetar seemed to deal with them good enough.Throw in an elemental prince and they should be chopped good while you're fighting Sendai.
Just make sure have a mage to breach her and someone with True sight to kill her annoying mage incarnations(always seemed to do the most damage to me).
Sendai seemed really the easiest of the Bhaalspawn(aside from Balthazar without the mod, with the mod..oh my).

Tom 12-10-2001 03:24 PM

The battle with sendai is kind of cheap the way I did it. What I did was set it up so I caN SUMMON 5 PLANETARS. tHEN WALK TO the opposite spot where the Sendai statue is.The send the planetar in to fight the clone. Then walk to the top middle spot, kill the drow and send the planetar in, when the planetar unsummons, get another one. Keep going to the opposite side of where the statue spawn. I saved the game in the middle of the battle with Sendai.

It was quite easy, I found the hardest part was at the end cuz my planetar had trouble hitting her, but I used the Planetars spells and I won. Longest battle ever.

Eldoran 12-10-2001 08:54 PM

I like how the drow "delivery boys" keep bringing me supplies of healing potions... Those helped out when Sendai started using her ranged harm spell...

I found it worked well to have a couple characters devoted to summoning critters to take out the incoming drow, and to chomp on the melee sendai's... The only versions that gave me pause were the mages, but its not hard at all to take down her defenses. When she started teleporting around, it really paid to have all my fighters running quickly. Luckily there are 3 boots of speed to be had easily, and then there is always the grandmaster armor.

So, like all of Sendai's dungeon, it was really a matter of endurance rather than power... A nice challenge for players who tend not pace themselves... Even tho there are several opportunities to rest [img]smile.gif[/img]

Charlander 12-11-2001 09:28 AM

<FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" COLOR="#FFFFFF">Hi again, just whanted to tell you all that I finally killed Sendai
(without uing any of your advice, but thanks anyway for the replies).

Here's how I did:
After having fought Sendai about 5-10 times, I figured that the fight might be a lot easier if I just "dumped" all my party-members in the pocket plane and fought her alone!! So, that's what I did. Before entering the "Sendai-room", I threw Minc, Jaheira, Imoen, Nalia and Aerie into my pocket-plane.
It's actually possible to "hide" in the room, when you're just using one character, and that makes it a lot easier (it enables you to take some pauses to heal youself).
It's actually the longest battle I've ever fought, because sometimes I had to wait until the Sendai-statues protections against normal weapons ran out before I could use my sword.
When I finally got rid af the last statue and the REAL Sendai appeared, I was lucky enough to be able to enter my pocket plane and put my party back together again. Then I whent back to the "Sendai-room" with my entire party and kicked Sendai's arse!!!

The hardest battle I have ever fought, that's for sure!

Now I'm in Watchers Keep (first "level")...</font>

frudi_x 12-11-2001 11:22 AM

ok, ok, I admit it, I got killed once in about 6 or 7 times that I fought Sendai [img]smile.gif[/img] . her thief incarnation managed to backstab my pc monk with a critical hit, talk about bad luck. this was on insane so my char died dispite being at almost full health.

otherwise this was always a very easy battle for me. even the first time I played it I summoned a planetar and just let him deal with the drow that spawn on the stairs. it turned out the planetar was still uninjured by the end of the battle [img]smile.gif[/img] . so with the drow kept busy picking off Sendai statues was a piece of cake, just be sure to breach their defenses (if they have any).

Magness 12-11-2001 11:24 PM

The first time I played thru ToB as my Inquisitor "Magness", this was a rather tough battle for me. (I probably died 3-5 times.) It took a while to develop a good strategy.

The next time that I played thru as the elven archer "Elwyn Darkwood", I totally kicked her Drow butt. My PC archer just sat in the center of the room and seriously peppered her. My mages Nalia and Imoen kept her defenses down. And I had planetar constantly chasing her. Becuase of her constant teleporting, ranged weapons worked much better. I never gave her or her statues time to get going. When a new statue was coming on-line, the arrows were already in flight. My suggestion pepper her Drow butt with ranged weapons and don't bother chasing her with any of your party members.