Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   HELP! The item forge.. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34560)

uss 08-02-2002 03:43 PM

Ok, in the recepie book, it says "Combine a Magical Greatsword and an Adamantite" and thats supposed to be a recepie. I put a lump of Adamantite and a Greatsword +1 on the forge but that guy says he cant forge them into anything!
What am i doing wrong!?

Piestrider 08-02-2002 04:26 PM

Talk to him first and ask if you have anything to make into a weapon. He should point out the Adamantine and the Greatsword so that you can make Habringer Kin +1. Then, put the items on the forge and talk to him again. He should start putting the weapon together for you. If not, then you have a bug. Good luck.

uss 08-02-2002 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Piestrider:
Talk to him first and ask if you have anything to make into a weapon. He should point out the Adamantine and the Greatsword so that you can make Habringer Kin +1. Then, put the items on the forge and talk to him again. He should start putting the weapon together for you. If not, then you have a bug. Good luck.
i already did, which means that i have a bug.. damn.
hey, wait, i have NEVER patched the game. I think its about time :D ..

Glorfindel 08-03-2002 06:07 AM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS">Lol might be a good idea uss ;) ... but you should probably wait until 1.22 comes out... a few people's games have stopped working after d/ing the 1.21 patch.... so unless your willing to risk it (which most of us have ;) ) I wouldnt unpdate just yet [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Jim 08-03-2002 07:35 AM

Are you in chapter 4 at Beorunna's Well? If so then you'll be using Barum in the trading post to forge your items. In chapter 1 at the shining knight in the city core, you can use Marrok to forge you weapons too. If you're in chapter one, then the magical greatsword must be +1 with some adamantite to make you the harbringer kin +1 sword. If you're in chapter 4 with Barum, then the magical greatsword must be +3 in order to create the harbringer kin +3. A +2 sword will not do in either situation, a +3 sword will not do in chapter 1 (you won't find one anyway!) and a +1 sword won't do in chapter 4.

DraconisRex 08-03-2002 08:45 AM

HOw this works:

1. Put the appropriate items in the forge (it's a chest).
2. Go to the smith and ask him to forge a weapon through the dialogue options.
3. Get your new weapon.
4. SAVE before you do this. It sometimes crashes.

It *is* confusing, at times.

AndyG 08-03-2002 02:20 PM

I've had this happen to me. Take all the items out of the forge. Click on the various empty squares. Then, put the two items back in and talk to him again. If it still doesn't work, try saving and reloading the game.

You don't need to talk to the guy for each item. Just talk to him once to get the book, then load the items into the forge and talk to him when you're ready to make something.

Attalus 08-03-2002 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jim:
Are you in chapter 4 at Beorunna's Well? If so then you'll be using Barum in the trading post to forge your items. In chapter 1 at the shining knight in the city core, you can use Marrok to forge you weapons too. If you're in chapter one, then the magical greatsword must be +1 with some adamantite to make you the harbringer kin +1 sword. If you're in chapter 4 with Barum, then the magical greatsword must be +3 in order to create the harbringer kin +3. A +2 sword will not do in either situation, a +3 sword will not do in chapter 1 (you won't find one anyway!) and a +1 sword won't do in chapter 4.
I used Vermin's Bane and he made Harbringer Kin +3, no prob. But he wouldn't make the armor, even though I used a diamond and Class 6 armor.