Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Another terrorist caught (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84508)

John D Harris 03-01-2003 05:14 PM

It seems the war on terror continues: www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,79984,00.html

WillowIX 03-01-2003 05:16 PM

Hopefully they will get them all. Not just the ones from Sep 11th, but all terrorists. Now wouldn´t that be sweet?

SomeGuy 03-01-2003 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WillowIX:
Hopefully they will get them all. Not just the ones from Sep 11th, but all terrorists. Now wouldn´t that be sweet?
Yes yes it would be. I am glad they caught another terroist. Many more to go though.

Charlie 03-01-2003 05:28 PM

I heard this on the news. Good job he's been caught and I'm well pleased he's being extradited to face charges in the US.
A good job by the Pakistani authorities all round.

Timber Loftis 03-01-2003 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WillowIX:
Um... they'll still make new ones. :( Once mankind develops a *type* of religion it rarely fades away completely. Fanatacism, thus, will keep popping up within sects in various religions. It's a historical trend. Unfortunately.

johnny 03-01-2003 05:45 PM

I don't have a link to this, but i've heard news about an Al Qaeda topman, who's been blown up in his car yesterday in Lebanon. Courtesy to the Israeli secret service. Gotta admire their style, when you're on their list, you die, it's as simple as that.

Kakero 03-01-2003 05:52 PM

^ sigh * when will all these people learn that terrorism is not the right thing to do? :(

Brennihelvete 03-01-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
I don't have a link to this, but i've heard news about an Al Qaeda topman, who's been blown up in his car yesterday in Lebanon. Courtesy to the Israeli secret service. Gotta admire their style, when you're on their list, you die, it's as simple as that.
And very effective [img]smile.gif[/img] Didnt know that, I wasnt shocked though. The Israeli sure knows to handle terrorism as they have been dealing with it for the past 50 years. They got the best trained Anti Terror police in the world thus the highest security on Airports etc.

Its good to see that they caught a terrorist leader, this war on terror hasnt IMHO served anyone yet. It took a year and a half to find one terrorist leader. Now how many years will they spend to find Osama Bin Laden, and how many wars will be fought meanwhile? I dont think that terrorism can be stopped. Though just sitting there and do nothing is not an option either. If you let them continue and submit to their threats, they will only continue to terrorize the world until the world belongs to them. I hate terrorism. The fact is that the obvious reason they do this is that no army in the world can even compare to the USA army. A military attack is not an option and then terrorism was born. The old warfare is not an option anymore as it was in old days. If there was a conflict people would settle them with armies and soldiers fighting each other. Today civilians pay the toll of death. Terrorists hit on civilian targets and then they hide in civilian areas that military forces will bomb to oblivion causing more civilians to suffer. As the victims of past wars were soldiers it is today, sad but true civilians. The world is becoming more and more cruel, and quarrels among country leaders leads to more hate and anger. Humans will never learn. It has been wars since stone age, and it still continues. Humans hasnt improved much since they first walked the earth and I fear they never will. A doomed race to death and destruction is what humans is. And with all the new WoMD around I fear that one day humans wont exist no more. At least not on this planet...

johnny 03-01-2003 07:06 PM

I know, that's why i ordered a couple of tickets to Uranus. :D

Animal 03-01-2003 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
I know, that's why i ordered a couple of tickets to Uranus. :D
Watch out for Klingons, I hear that they're pretty bad this time of year. :D :D