Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dwarven Enhanced Armour (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38345)

Greything 08-08-2006 05:21 PM

I found the new design for the Dwarven Enhanced Armour a few days ago but didn't try it on until tonight.

It looks great. I thought it looked like a Nipponese style armour but it wasn't until I saw it in a good light that I realised it had a Katana (or perhaps it's a Wazikashi?) attached.

What a pity it seems to only be decoration and we can't use it. It would be nice to have Dwarven Ehanced Armour and a free Katana. Note to self - must stop drooling over keyboard.

T-D-C 08-08-2006 07:19 PM

Ohhh must get down there and check it out.

It can replace my old school Dwarven Enhanced Armour with no feet. Barefoot Warrior FTW!

Mozenwrathe 08-08-2006 08:41 PM

*fears stinky cheesy footless warriors running around the Undermountain and makes sure shoes will be made available for all*

StigTC 08-09-2006 03:10 AM

I actually think that, although the new armor looks good, it isn't that suitable for that particular armor.
I mean, how many dwarven samurai have you heard about yourself? :D

Harkoliar 08-09-2006 08:57 AM

i used to have one of those dwarven armours.. I remember they have like uber damage reduction in them. Anyone remember where you can get those? I remember the bare feet hehe.

StigTC 08-09-2006 09:42 AM

Level 12, in the room with the many assassins. (South western part of the map)

[ 08-09-2006, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]

Greything 08-09-2006 06:38 PM

The great thing about Dwarven armour is that one size fits all.

It's so well crafted that any race up to Half-Orc size can wear it without finding their extremities exposed (apart from T-D-C's feet that is).

And the latest version doesn't even need to be Samurai armour. The Sohei (warrior monks) wore the same style of armour as the Samurai before they were finally defeated and disbanded by Shogun Ieyasu.

As far as I know the Sohei -even with a name like that - did not apply hight restrictions on their membership!

wellard 08-09-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StigTC:
Level 12, in the room with the many assassins. (South western part of the map)
That is a sensationaly well designed trapped area, I stumbled into that area solo once unprepared. Some powerfull traps leaving you damaged as you enter, suddenly total darkness and while I went for my spells about four assassins mass sneak attacked me with mega criticals

wham, bam, dead!!!!

Mozenwrathe 08-09-2006 09:25 PM

have a copy of Pharaun's armor on you when you stride in there, or a mage casting a lot of Timestop and IGBM packages. either way, sadly, someone has to go in there and trigger them.

StigTC 08-10-2006 03:33 AM

Just send in the high DR dwarven defender first, it's only appropriate that he should be the one to lay hands on the armor first anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]