Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Server just tossed us out! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98609)

Garnet FalconDance 01-29-2008 07:18 PM

Server just tossed us out!

There my new guy was, cleaving through slaad while Ugly Hagan searched through a chest for useful loot when the server crashed and tossed us out on our ears! It was RUDE, I tell you!

Ziroc 01-29-2008 07:46 PM

Re: Server just tossed us out!

Actually, it was a bluescreen of death. :) Rare as hell, but it happens. Sorry, can't control that.

Unglaublich Verwustung 01-30-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1199415)
Actually, it was a bluescreen of death. :) Rare as hell, but it happens. Sorry, can't control that.

Damn, and I've always relied on you as the "man who can".

Garnet FalconDance 01-30-2008 11:48 AM

'Tis ok, Z. I was only doing a little relatively mindless slaughtering and then *blam!*, doors wouldn't open, messages wouldn't send and the baddies seemed to be all hiding (no spawn).

Thought I'd post it just in case you hadn't caught the crash. Silly me - should've known you were right on it.

Ziroc 01-30-2008 12:14 PM

Oh "I can", but when it comes to windows, and their blue-screen of crap, I'm helpless :)

Actually, what causes it is the video drivers. They are older--and have to be, to play NWN1. If I used the new drivers, the menu is black, and I can't get into the game. (Even the beta drivers are messed up--you can see the menu, but once in the game, the frame rate drops to 7-15 fps. When I should get 100fps. nVidia messed them up.. I'm waiting for the fix or a fix from the next NWN1 Patch 1.69. (which is in beta 4!! close to being released guys!) I may need to patch my hakpak.. if so, It'll be a good time to add some new goodies I've been working on. :D

But the bluescreen seems to come when I try to play an avi or mpg... It happens rarely, but I noticed that trend.. I'll be happy when I can use the latest video drivers though.. (Although, I didn't notice any speed increases with the latest ones).. oh well, I'm keeping an eye on it, for sure!!

Unglaublich Verwustung 01-30-2008 03:39 PM

LOL, I hate BSOD. That's why I use my mac at least half the time :D

*laughs mockingly whilst people recoil in horror, reaching for the crucifixes*

Garnet FalconDance 01-31-2008 05:12 PM

Guess what just happened again?

(Poor little Merry will never get her tele-stones at this rate! :( )

Unglaublich Verwustung 01-31-2008 05:13 PM

:( - and again...

oh, simultaneous posting

Garnet FalconDance 01-31-2008 08:58 PM

--- and AGAIN!

Merry had just made it about half way thru lvl 9 on her way to get stoned :(.

Garnet FalconDance 02-02-2008 02:33 PM

Ummm, Z, the server surely does seem to be crashing an awful lot lately.......