Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   BLIND PROPHET!!! THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR SIG!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72999)

Black Dragon 01-14-2002 04:09 PM

This is the incorrect version you use:
You start to die the day your born!! So [b]life[b] life to the fullest!!

This is the way it should be:
You start to die the day your born!! So live life to the fullest!!

I just figured you would like to know.

Sir ReGiN 01-14-2002 04:12 PM

PM - use them ;)

Sorcerer Alex 01-14-2002 04:25 PM

And use an apostrophe when combining the words 'you' and 'are' ;)

Grojlach 01-14-2002 06:14 PM

And while you're at it, make your own sig free of grammar errors as well...
its -> it's
[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Blind_Prophet 01-14-2002 07:13 PM

Man sorry i just wrote it in five minutes. I figured hey i won't get a friggin grade on it so i don't care but if you people think i should work on it i will take those suggestions in mind mabey i could make a new one or better yet i could have one of you people right it since i obiviously can't do it myself. (P.S their are misspellings in this so why don't you correct that as well grade it too if you like)

AND BY THE WAY NO HARD FEELINGS!!!!!

Ares 01-14-2002 07:16 PM

Hey Grojlach..he used it in the correct way in the English language.. it's should only be used when combining "it is", therefore its is perfectly fine the way he used it [img]smile.gif[/img] :D

Blind_Prophet 01-14-2002 07:31 PM

HEY I LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS IS BETTER!!!! RIGHT BACK IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. YOURS TRUELY

Hiram Sedai 01-14-2002 09:04 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
HEY I LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS IS BETTER!!!! RIGHT BACK IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. YOURS TRUELY<hr></blockquote>

remove the comma towards the end of your sig statement and you'll be fine. Write how you speak.

Black Dragon...you need more dwarves in your sig. Get with it, man!!

Aelia Jusa 01-14-2002 09:11 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ares:
Hey Grojlach..he used it in the correct way in the English language.. it's should only be used when combining "it is", therefore its is perfectly fine the way he used it [img]smile.gif[/img] :D <hr></blockquote>

But he did use 'its' when combining it is:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> It used to be, when you make a game,"Its gotta be fun"...

But now its,"When you make a game its graphics gotta take all the memory!!"

<hr></blockquote>

The third its is fine because it's possessive, but the first means 'it has', thus should have an apostrophe, and the second means 'it is' and again should be apostrophised [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Blind_Prophet 01-14-2002 09:27 PM

No offence to anyone but are you guys all studying to be english majors. What is with all the proper english? I don't get it some say type how you speak others say use correct english. If i typed how i spoke though i feel as though lots of people would like to correct my stuff. Being corrected is annoying too, i hate it even though it needs correcting. BUT ANYWAY THIS IS THE SIG AND FOR ANYONE THAT DON'T LIKE IT OH WELL THIS IS HOW IT STAYS!!!!!!!