Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Which NPC is WAY overrated? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58635)

Kingenigma 11-03-2001 01:54 PM

Vote...please?

p.s. As for me it's Imoen, Viconia and Jan.

Barb 11-03-2001 01:58 PM

Imoen is alright and you need her for her theiving skills after chapter 4. Jan Jensen kicks more ass then audley harrisson. He rules with spells and theiving skills.

I've never had vicconia in a party before.

Nalia is my most overated character she has lame spells and lame theiving abilities. She couldn't even open all the locks in the room in the docks. (the one with lots of doors and you have to open each one and they all have gold in)

Sir Jorlon 11-03-2001 01:59 PM

Welcome to the site. Now, what do you mean by that question. It kinda confused me.

Tarox 11-03-2001 02:29 PM

Overrated?
hmm as in which ones are no good?

Imoen and Nalia are both the same to me
Dual Class thieves with their thief skills stopped too early for me

Viconia is a good Cleric and a laugh too

Galadria 11-03-2001 02:41 PM

I admit Jan is better than Nalia, but he is just an illusionist, and has a really irritating personality, so I always have Nalia in my party, except for certain places in TOB.Jaheira needs a real strength boost to be a decent fighter, but if you get her a strength belt and the gloves of dexterity, as well as a good shield (Dragon scale) and that cool +3 club you can pick up in Trademeet, she gets better. Haer'Dalis gets my vote for The NPC Least Likely To Be Found In My Party.

Rikard_OHF 11-03-2001 08:29 PM

Minsc and Jaheira
People keep on saying they good
Only use i found for them is start with at least 2 kills in the start

Legolas 11-03-2001 08:53 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
Minsc and Jaheira
People keep on saying they good
Only use i found for them is start with at least 2 kills in the start
<hr></blockquote>

LOL! You don't get EXP for killing them though :D

Jaheira is indeed a bit overrated, as she's not tough enough to be a real fighter and is only half a druid compared to Cernd.

When by overrated you mean greatly praised despite having serious disadvanteges I'd say Edwin is overrated. Sure, he has an amazing arsenal of spells, but he's no good at doing anything else.

Nalia is not overrated in that definition, simply because she simply is no good (BTW, the doors in the docks increase in the level you need to open them. For the last door you'll need an 'open lock' of 100%. Small wonder she can't open it ;)

The.Relic 11-04-2001 12:02 AM

Heh, I always love this debate.
Jahiera is an interesting choice. People either seem to love her or hate her with no in-between. If you get the right gear on her, you can get her armor AC down to -12. The only other NPC whose AC can be lower in my experience is Viconia whom I have gotten to AC -13. Give either of them a belt for strength and good weopons and sheild, and they "Tank" with the best of them. Your character will get hit more than they will [img]smile.gif[/img]

SSJ4Sephiroth 11-04-2001 12:06 AM

most overrated? ah, id hafta say Minsc. annoying piece of crap, isnt really that good... i prefer to make a ranger myself so that i dont have to use him at all...

Morgan_Corbesant 11-04-2001 03:14 AM

yoshimo all the way. worthless, worthless, worthless, and you all know why. if you dont, you will find out later on in the game.