Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New game: Den of thieves (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32603)

Bungleau 02-08-2004 10:26 PM

Just started playing a new game of W&W last night, hereby entitled the den of thieves. Six rogues -- no magic, no guilds, no nothing. The only thing they've taken advantage of was a miscalculation on my part -- I created four of them, and then realized I didn't really want to put ability points into things you can train in. So I deleted those, and one character got their 800GP total. Slight advantage, but not much. Six different races -- lizzord, rattkin, gourk, whiskah, gnome, and dwarf. A little variety...

Most specialized in dagger, with two going for sword. One assigned lockpicker, and the rest are improving their weapons skills. Nothing else matters yet...
Equipped them all with daggers, and headed out.

They all now have basic equipment (doublets, cloth pants, suede boots) so they have AC 1.

Having the XP spread out among six characters is far different than a solo game, for sure. We're now between level 2 and 3, but at 5 XP a pop for a worgur, this is going to take a while...

Of course, that tree spider was worth a lot of XP... for the three survivors :D

BTW, I've discovered that resurrection is cheap at this point -- 60GP per level, or thereabouts, compared to 1000GP for a scroll. Guess what we haven't bought? And I believe that everone has died at least once... :D

Well, heading off to the crypt now, and expecting Mon the Sculz to show up any day now. Turned in the first five skulls... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Later...

Felix The Assassin 02-09-2004 12:17 AM

My anxiety is with you B. I tried that challenge last Fall when we were kicking around the idea of single class, gangs. Man does it take forever to not only play, but to gain levels.
I have come to the conclusion that playing a full party is way harder than solo. By all means keep us updated with your infamous journals.

macoati 02-09-2004 02:11 AM

I'm hoping honor resides within the party...otherwise it may get interesting when specific treasures 'fall' into certain hands... [img]smile.gif[/img]

bsftcs 02-09-2004 08:04 AM

Hey, this is going to be good. Keep us posted. ;)

Bungleau 02-09-2004 08:59 AM

I will do my best to keep you all up to date. I don't quite have the energy for another set of adventures like Missy's, but I will pass along any things I notice.

In fact, I'm going to post a question for discussion on party creation for these guys. It's too late for me, but perhaps another... [img]smile.gif[/img]

WillowIX 02-09-2004 09:49 AM

Wll it certainly sounds lika an interesting party Bungleau. Have you given any thought as to class changes etc? Will there be ninjas later on or? Are daggers the only weapons they will use (apart from the ones sing swords)?

Wyvern 02-09-2004 10:13 AM

Sounds like a goodie!!

I know we can't expect another epic like the Missy Hissy tale but it will be nice to read how your new adventurers are doing! :D

Wyv