Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   junk or what ????? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59366)

flyfisherooo 11-27-2001 05:40 PM

finished the game i think a part of my life just finished.sob sob!!!!!
i picked up a lot of junk mirror glass of water sundail,hangmans head in one part of the game never needed them any one know what they are for.

Sorcerer Alex 11-27-2001 06:28 PM

These things are supposed to go into the chests in the asylum. If you put them all in the correct boxes, you get an Ioun stone, I believe.

Evil Al 11-27-2001 06:32 PM

Those items are for a puzzle in Spellhold I think. I can't remember what you get for doing the puzzle. But if it’s the one I’m thinking of you have to put them in the hands of the statues.
If you haven't already get Throne of Bhaal its a really great expansion to BG2. But after that its the end of the series I'm afraid :( .

Whailor 11-28-2001 03:17 AM

Well, after the ToB it's the end of the Bhaalspawn Saga, as it is called, but whether it's the end of BG series is unknown. No certain facts are out, rumors though do whisper about BG3. But just about the name, no one knows if there will be such, will it have the same name and all that.

In any case, if there would be BG3, then it definately would not include your char anymore, the Bhaalspawn. Not directly anyway I suppose..

Melusine 11-28-2001 04:48 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Whailor:
Well, after the ToB it's the end of the Bhaalspawn Saga, as it is called, but whether it's the end of BG series is unknown. No certain facts are out, rumors though do whisper about BG3. But just about the name, no one knows if there will be such, will it have the same name and all that.

In any case, if there would be BG3, then it definately would not include your char anymore, the Bhaalspawn. Not directly anyway I suppose..
<hr></blockquote>

Um actually I believe it is almost certain there will be no offical addition to the BG series. They didn't write TOB for nothing, you know? It is a conclusive ending to the series, and the next thing will be Neverwinter Nights (which will allow you to import your BG2 character, but which isn't an addition to the BG games in any way)

Whailor 11-28-2001 05:02 AM

Well, as was said, yes, there would not be BG as we know it, i.e. Bhaalspawn and such. Also there's not even a vague hint that there will be BG3 or similar. NWN was in works for some time, before even ToB came out. So that's what I said - nothing official is heard about BG3, or if there would even be such.

In some chat though, or interview, something similar was asked and some very general info was that if there would ever be BG3, it would definately not include the world as we know, the Bhaalspawn, because his - or her - saga was ended in BG2: ToB. Nothing more was said. But the title itself is good, all know it and Bioware or Black Isle or whoever knows it. I in their place certainly wouldn't dump the "project", since it's good :D So who said that there could never be BG3, with, say, your child as a main char? And not some "race to become a god" thingie, but something else sinister? Also self search for you, as the son/daughter of the hero of Bhaalspawn Saga (BG1, BG2), who tries to set things right, beat the wazoos out of the sinister baddie and also tries to prove to all that while being a son/daughter of the famous BG1&BG2 char, he/she actually is a person on his/her own and can cast his/her own shadow, instead of walking in the shadow of his father/mother? :D

I aint going to write a script here for the game, I aint getting paid to do that heheh.. But, I personally wouldn't dump such a title, as it is bound to be popular and they (Bioware/Black Isle/whoever) can do it just as well, if not even better then the previous two. I know I would get it.