Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Kangaax (gee, dosen't this keep popping up) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58906)

SecretMaster 11-12-2001 07:47 PM

Okay, don't give me strategies on killing him, I'm using my brothers.
Could you tell me this.
What is his requirements to hit him-
Is the first form like a normal (more powerful)-
How much time do you have to run away before he becomes the demilich-
Who should attack him- My party:
Keldorn-Wielding Carosmyr+5
Minsc-Wielding Vorpal Sword +4
Me(joven) bard/skald
Nalia-Wielding Cutthroat +4
Aerie-Wielding staff of magi+3
Anomen-Wielding Crom Faeyr+5

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-12-2001 08:06 PM

i think anyone can hit him normally,but i think for the second form you need at least +4 weapons, but it could be +5. just cast prot from undead on one character hide the rest when he changes and then hit him till he stops moving. I think all your guys CAN hit him, but youde probably just want to use one NPC it lowers the chance of all your guys getting imprisoned

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-12-2001 08:08 PM

how much time do you have, just about enough to get your other guys the heck out of the way. ide send anomen if i were you, but thats just me, keldorn would be a good choice as well

Jim 11-12-2001 08:30 PM

Just to point out that:

Vorpal Sword is a +3 weapon
Staff of the magi strikes as a +5 weapon (hit demi-liches no probs)
Crom Faeyr is only classed as +4 when determing what it can hit.

You can hit him with:
Carsomyr
Crom Faeyr
Cutthroat
staff of the magi

with your curent info. There are however other weapons in SoA that can hit him.

Mitro Jellywadder 11-12-2001 08:56 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Okay, don't give me strategies on killing him, I'm using my brothers.
Could you tell me this.
What is his requirements to hit him-
Is the first form like a normal (more powerful)-
How much time do you have to run away before he becomes the demilich-
Who should attack him- My party:
Keldorn-Wielding Carosmyr+5
Minsc-Wielding Vorpal Sword +4
Me(joven) bard/skald
Nalia-Wielding Cutthroat +4
Aerie-Wielding staff of magi+3
Anomen-Wielding Crom Faeyr+5
<hr></blockquote>

You need +4 weapons to hit him.
You have exactly 1.7656723156 seconds to get away [img]smile.gif[/img]
Everyone should attack him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sir Jorlon 11-12-2001 09:38 PM

(ITs me, SecretMaster). I don't send the whole party cuz he wacks you with imprisoments. He's a killing machine gone bad.

Debaser 11-13-2001 12:50 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Jorlon:
(ITs me, SecretMaster). I don't send the whole party cuz he wacks you with imprisoments. He's a killing machine gone bad.<hr></blockquote>

summon nishruus, hakeashars, bears, monsters, mordenkainen's swords, the stronger the better so his death spell doesn't mess em up in a split second. from what i've seen he has a tendency to imprison summoned things first (before any pc or npc of yours), that is, if they are close enough to him. use this to your advantage--its nigh impossible to beat him without skillfully implementing your summoning spells.

Dundee Slaytern 11-13-2001 05:07 AM

Or... while he is transforming into his second form, get your whole party to cast the scroll, Protection from Undead. Kangaxx the Demi-Lich pops up and is bamboozled why everybody has suddenly disappeared.

Proceed to hit him for free.

Whailor 11-13-2001 05:28 AM

When the demi-lich spawned, I let everyone pop the Protection from Undead scroll. The result was that he didn't even shoot up his big time protections (not all), and rest I got off of him. But he didn't die, I think we beated him down to 1 HP but that was it, he didn't die. My chars were dealing out mega damage on it, and it just stood there jawning... Guess he does need to see someone after all.

So I set that my main char (who is a fighter type, I always play such), was protected from undead, as well as Jaheira and Aerie. Rest were not. I had to release them with the Freedom scroll few times during the fight, also used the Rod of Resurrections few times. Hey, Haer'Dalis makes a good bait heh. I used him for that mainly..

After Kangaxx spoke it's 'cryptic' words, we continued to bash him and eventually he fell. Just have to have something for it to chew on hehe, otherwise it may just not die, will get to 1 HP and stay there..

I remember doing it first time, but back then I forgot to get the Protection from Undead scrolls. However, the Berserker Rage protected me enough from getting swindled away by it, and I had Keldorn with me who kept bashing it with Carsomyr. Not to mention I had Cromm Faeyr as well, I did find him back then later and was pretty well equipped by then. He still managed to snug some away with his spells, but nothing what a Resurection or Freedom couldn't fix.

Dundee Slaytern 11-13-2001 05:39 AM

Nononono, I said as he is transforming into his second form. Deal with his <font color="white">Lich</font> form as per normal, but use the scroll as he changes into the <font color="white">Demi-Lich</font> form.

I used this tactic when I was soloing a Cavalier, you may have not been doing enough damage per round, because the Demi-Lich regenerates.