Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NWN2: TweakGuide released (a must read) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37253)

Memnoch 12-02-2006 12:50 PM

A must read if you're having problems running it smoothly, that is. If you're running a quad-core 6Ghz beast with 6GB of RAM and an Nvidia 10780 with 4GB video ram like Crimsom, then reading is optional. :D

Click here for the Tweakguide

SpiritWarrior 12-02-2006 01:46 PM

These tweak guides are usually exceptional. The Oblivion one was a godsend from the same site.

Memnoch 12-02-2006 06:52 PM

Do you know if they're coming out with an Oldblivion style thing for NWN2?

Micah Foehammer 12-03-2006 12:06 AM

This should be stickied. [img]smile.gif[/img]

SpiritWarrior 12-03-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
Do you know if they're coming out with an Oldblivion style thing for NWN2?
Not that i've heard of. Don't let your hopes down, the official patch will have more fixes they say so you may yet get a performance increase. Odd the the beta did nothing for you, it gave me a general improvement. I take it you tried the tweakguide recommendations already? Pay close attention to the vsync part as that can be a killer.

Larry_OHF 12-07-2006 11:01 AM

<font color=skyblue>I would advise people who want to use this Tweak Guide to be sure to check at the bottom of the page to see which version of the patch the listed tweaks are for, and check back with it when a new patch emerges. For example, the current tweaks apply to v.1.03. </font>

Quote:

Note: This guide refers to the latest version of Neverwinter Nights 2 Version 1.03. Make sure to refer back to this guide often for updates.

Micah Foehammer 12-11-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>I would advise people who want to use this Tweak Guide to be sure to check at the bottom of the page to see which version of the patch the listed tweaks are for, and check back with it when a new patch emerges. For example, the current tweaks apply to v.1.03. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Note: This guide refers to the latest version of Neverwinter Nights 2 Version 1.03. Make sure to refer back to this guide often for updates.

</font>[/QUOTE]Excellent advice Larry. [img]smile.gif[/img] There are a number of *fixes* out there - including a SecureRom fix, that should be used with EXTREME caution. It is highly recommended that you backup any files that you alter using these tweaks and fixes as the autopatcher may NOT recognize your files as vali in the future. In order to use the autopatcher after you use these tweaks, you will be required to roll back to the pre-tweak state.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!