Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I can't travel to D'Arnise Hold (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4908)

Colin 01-06-2002 04:41 AM

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with travelling to de'Arnise Hold.

I have met Nalia, accepted her quest, and taken her into my party. The quest is in my quest book, and de'Arnise Hold appears on my map.

However... it is greyed out and I can't actually travel there. I can travel to Trademeet and Windspear Hills but not de'Arnise Hold. I figured it would enable when I completed some other task but Nalia is starting to whine about how I promised to help her and we haven't done anything yet.

I tried letting her go from my party and she then said she would meet me there. Some time has passed but I still cannot travel to the hold.

Does anyone know what step I've missed?

Thanks,
Colin.

Mitro Jellywadder 01-06-2002 04:48 AM

As long as you have entered the city gates area on your map you should be able to go anywhere outside. Sometimes there is a bug that you have to go to a different area first. Go to Trademeet and then exit the map from there, you should be able to go to the Keep now.

Btw,

Welcome to the board!!!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]</p>

Colin 01-06-2002 05:09 AM

Hey there,

Thanks for the quick response & the welcome! I just picked up the game and have barely stopped playing! It's just great!

I did actually travel to Trademeet (that's where Nalia started complaining about not going on her quest). When I found I still had the problem I backed up to my last saved spot which was at "The Bridge." Again I could travel anywhere but not Arnise Hold.

When I first encountered her I tried travelling to the Hold from the City Gates, but again, to no avail.

If you have any other thoughts that would be great! I really don't like the idea of having to start all over again because of a bug.

Thanks,
-Colin.

Mitro Jellywadder 01-06-2002 05:25 AM

My only other suggestion is to go to every area on the map that you can outside of the city and then try to re-enter from there. That's a wierd bug. Everytime it happened to me, I could usually go to another area and then the greyed out area would become available. If you have ToB installed, try going from Watcher's Keep. Good luck.

Phantom of might and magic 01-06-2002 01:43 PM

Try going in Front Gates of Athkatla and go to keep from there.
Hope this helps.

Colin 01-06-2002 04:47 PM

Is it essential to let her go from your party so you can meet her there?

Has anyone travelled to De'Arnise Hold with Nalia in their party?

Thanks,
Colin.

Phantom of might and magic 01-06-2002 04:53 PM

yes, of course
I have

Colin 01-06-2002 08:14 PM

"Yes of course, it's essential to let her go."

or

"Yes of course, you can travel to de'Arnise with her in your party"?

(I suspect the latter but just so I know I'm not blocking myself by leaving her in my party.)

Within the city I have tried leaving for de'Arnise from the Gates, Slums, Docks, Bridge, Temple, Government and Promenade (i.e., not the Graveyard). I have also tried leaving from Trademeet and Druid Grove.

De'Arnise is there but greyed out in every case. :-[

Kezardin 01-06-2002 10:03 PM

Colin,

when trying to get to Nalias' Keep from the city gates area, do you actually go *through* the city gates (the preferred method) in the north east section of the map, or exit off the south map edge ?

One thing you could try is to go to Trademeet and get your party as close to the north western corner of the map as possible. If you exit the map at this point it might enable travel to the Keep.

Kez

Mitro Jellywadder 01-06-2002 11:32 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colin:
Is it essential to let her go from your party so you can meet her there?Has anyone travelled to De'Arnise Hold with Nalia in their party?Thanks,Colin.<hr></blockquote>

I've been with her and without her, it shouldn't matter. Wierd bug. You're probably going to end up restarting. Have you tried sleeping outdoors in a different area and then going to the keep?