Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pictures (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50509)

turbovee 01-29-2001 12:39 AM

I play an elf 90% of the time and I actually like the one for Khalid from BG1. Other than that I prefer the Icewind Dale pictures. The characters in that game look like real adventurers, not like some of the freaks they put in BG1 or BG2. My favorite picture I would love to bash on is that wussy looking bard in BG1. He looks like he's 12 and more concerned about where his next pokemon battle will be instead of a AD&D battle.

Melusine 01-29-2001 10:34 AM

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some GOOD-LOOKING custom pictures to use for Baldur's Gate. I've been to the Lady Nightshade's Custom Portraits and I also checked out the pictures on the Ironworks site, but to be honest I thought that 80 % of them just sucked. So who knows where to download beautiful portraits (especially female ones as I am a woman)? Please help, because I really want to customize my portrait, I think the ones in BG are so ugly (well most of them anyway). Oh that reminds me, another thorn in the eye of the Poll-Haters:
Which do you think is the best-looking portrait that you can choose from when creating your character? (so either male or female, BG2 or BG1).
I think my favorite male pic is the one that Ajantis from BG1 used, the knight-like figure with a greenish background.
The most beautiful female ones (the ones I used myself) would be those used by Imoen (girl with purplish background) and Safana (girl seen from side with tattoo on arm). You see they're all from the original BG1 pictures.

Cleric 01-29-2001 01:06 PM

I'D like the pictures from Imoen, Skie and Garrick and from bg2 I'D like Aerie.
And my own, The from Garrick our one i downloaded here, and in bg1 i used the male picture from Imoen( I mean that the picture looks like imoen, but is more male.)

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 01:51 PM

For females, I like the protrait of the girl with orange hair (i think its Mazzy´s, not sure) and for males Cernd´s portrait and Haer Dalis´. And i agree with Turbovee, IWD portraits are much better (specially fighter portraits there are TONS of good portraits for them).

Melusine 01-29-2001 02:10 PM

I don't have Icewind Dale but maybe one of you (Ertai or turbovee) could be a darling and send me the portraits?? Please?

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 02:12 PM

Right now milady !!!

Melusine 01-29-2001 02:14 PM

Thou art too kind, right honourable sage!

turbovee 01-29-2001 02:18 PM

Thank you Ertai. You beat me to it. Tell us what you think of those pictures Melusine.

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 02:21 PM

Im sending them right now milady, prepare for downloading 1,42 MB !!

OH, and im sending it to the email that appears in your profile. it´s OK ??

It will be done within few minutes i think !!

Enjoy them milady !!

Ertai, Wizard Adept 01-29-2001 02:24 PM

No problem turbo !!

PS: turbo, my parents´ cars are... VW jetta and VW polo !!!! I dont know if the names change in other countries, but i just wanted you to know