Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   About theif (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65664)

Sythe 08-09-2003 01:56 PM

I bought it so far it's good and HARD but I know I will eventually get better. I am on the second mission what are these hammarites? I was like what the *bleep* when I saw these crazy red guys wielding hammers.

Firestormalpha 08-09-2003 02:33 PM

Playing Theif 1? Gold or no Gold? The Hammerites are no big deal, it's the heretic group in Theif 2 that you gotta worry about. When is Theif 3 coming out, November? (I mean the US release)

edit: Off Topic- Cools I'm Drizz't the everybody kills me for my Scimitars Dark Elf.

[ 08-09-2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Xen 08-09-2003 02:38 PM

I can kick your butt becuasee I am 20th level Warrior. :D

Raistlin Majere 08-09-2003 05:40 PM

thief1 is annoying. i never got past the mine level(third level, i think). just way too hard...

Xen 08-09-2003 06:08 PM

I think that the saying"nothing is hard,it`s just the matter of probability" here doesn`t count.
It was really a pain in the a$$...

shadowhound 08-09-2003 06:10 PM

Hard is it? I hope Thief 2 isn't impossable [img]smile.gif[/img] I have it being sent to me even as I speak (or type, whatever). Whats this about a heretic group?

Xen 08-09-2003 06:11 PM

Seek and you shall find. :D

Firestormalpha 08-09-2003 09:48 PM

What on earth could make theif a difficult game. I pass through with a great deal of ease. You boys just need to stop playing it like you would play a standard FPS. It's all about stealth and keeping all four eyes open (this includes the one's in the back of your head.) Anyways just to sum it all up, theif is only difficult if you charge around.
three tips whether you want them or not:
1)Never run always walk (unless in extreme circumstances that would dictate otherwise)
2)Stick with the shadows as much as you can
3)Murder is never the answer, knock the guy out and leave a wine bottle next to him instead. (empty wine bottle+unconcious guard=? you do the math)

Sythe 08-10-2003 11:31 PM

Thief is one of the most challenging games I have ever played. What I hate most is undead. When I first encountored a zombie I took out me sword and started swatting it. When it went down there was a sigh of relief but it came back up again. Took me while I had to use HOLY water or fire arrows.

I am now on the fifth I think where I gotta steal this sword. The house is a big giant maze. And I hate mazes.

Firestormalpha and Xen both of you mayhap be powerful fighters but I am a POWERFUL RED WIZARD OF THAY!!!!!!!!!

The hammarites seem like this strange mad cult to me.

pritchke 08-11-2003 09:45 AM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Ah, Yes the wonky maze house. That one took a little figuring out.</font>

[ 08-11-2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]