Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I-pod Discussion! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92308)

Sir Degrader 11-21-2004 08:19 PM

...By going to the store and buying one. What's up with people peddling their product/spyware on Ironworks?
Moderators: Please don't kill me.

[ 11-22-2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Spirits forever 11-21-2004 08:26 PM

hahaa, soo true ^^ plus why an ipod, it's just expensive, i mean why not just get a normal one
say 256 mb, that's 60 songs right there, don't need 40 gigs and such, what are you listening to movies?

but you make a good point ^^

Jorath Calar 11-21-2004 09:07 PM

Phew, when I saw the title I thought, wait, what the hell is Degrader doing? thought you were going nuts... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 11-21-2004 09:26 PM

Is this another spam thread? And if it's not, those things are garbage! 'cmon Sam Gamgee use your head!

Maj 11-21-2004 09:33 PM

I looked at the title and thought, oh no not another one! I was going to yell at you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hehe, sure got me.

And I rather not buy one anyway...

T-D-C 11-21-2004 09:37 PM

Hmmm should I kill it now...... :D

This can almost be as bad as some of the advertising topics we had last week.

Ironworks is a popular site with lots of hits. People see this and want to advertise here. We don't like that.

Intrepid 11-21-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:
hahaa, soo true ^^ plus why an ipod, it's just expensive, i mean why not just get a normal one
say 256 mb, that's 60 songs right there, don't need 40 gigs and such, what are you listening to movies?

but you make a good point ^^

but what if you feel like listening to a specific song?
i have done that often and a minidisc player just doesn't have the storage.

I think i might buy an ipod at some point, when i have saved some money, not an ipod mini either, i need a lot of storage.

SecretMaster 11-22-2004 01:47 AM

Sorry, but the Ipod will never appeal to me. I'll still stick to the good ol' discman thankyou very much. Man, I'm only 14 turning 15 and there already is a new generation of products going out. I am feeling the slightest bit of oldness now. :(

Hivetyrant 11-22-2004 02:08 AM

Well if you want alot of storage then you can either go IPOD or some sort of Creative device...
From what I have seen and heard, I would go with a Zen or Jukebox, only because of the battery and theft problems that come with IPOD's, all three are excellent, with great compatibility, storage and battery life, but I find the Creative ones better looking and the software that comes with them is much easier to use.

Im pretty sure they can all be used as a hard drive aswell.

Callum 11-22-2004 05:21 AM

Yes, the Zens can also be used as storage devices, as can the Rio Hard Drive players, if you're interested... :D

And they both look cooler, and are cheaper for the amount of storage space available than the iPod.