Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   racial level limits (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59221)

Chrispi 11-22-2001 09:59 AM

do non-humans have a limit on what level they can advance to in there class?

Sir Exxon 11-22-2001 10:01 AM

You can get up to lvl. 20. But I have heard that you can advance up to lvl. 40 in ToB!

see ya!

Chrispi 11-22-2001 10:03 AM

even if you are a non-human? Cause it says in the booklet that the pnly special ability of being a human is that you can advance to anyclass?/??/?!

Debaser 11-22-2001 10:10 AM

In pen and paper D&D, the case is that the varying non-human races can only reach a certain level in certain classes...I do believe that this restriction has been eliminated from BG2, because it would be simply impossible to beat BG2 and ToB especially unless your whole party were humans (if the non-human level restrictions were actually implemented.) This would make the game a lot less badass, and I can see why they did away with it.

To put in briefly, no, there is no racial level limits in BG1 or 2.

Sir Exxon 11-22-2001 10:13 AM

Ok, I'll go and check for you.

.............(checking)................... Found it!

You have an experience cap on 2950000 points. And here comes a list on how many levels you can reach:
  • Fighter: 19
    Paladin: 17
    Ranger: 17
    Wizard: 17
    Cleric: 21
    Druid: 14
    Thief: 23
    Bard: 23
    Sorcerer: 17
    Monk: 21
    Barbarian: 19

This counts for all races.

see ya!

Chrispi 11-22-2001 10:14 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOh yeh, i like that.
Level 40, nevergetting old, nimble f**k elf conjurer coming up! (with infravision!)

Chrispi 11-22-2001 10:15 AM

Well it could be that, or this dwarven fighter, or this.............................................. ............................................HELP! What to be, oh what to be!

Sir Exxon 11-22-2001 10:19 AM

Another option you have is to remove the XP-cap limit, so you can be as high level as you want. But just remember that this is cheating!

see ya!

Morgan_Corbesant 11-22-2001 11:13 AM

its NOT cheating to remove the level cap, unless you start out as a HIGH level. personally, i want HIGH level characters, especially IF i decide to solo ALL the way through. just dont take a spell caster PAST level 40. for some odd reason,they forget how to cast magic at that level. hmmmmmm, is this a bug, and if so, is there a patch, or a rules fix, or something?

Tarox 11-22-2001 11:53 AM

I guess its upto you if you want to use a cheat program to cheat and remove the xp cap
Just install ToB then you don't need top cheat the game does it for you
I havent finished ToB as I lost interest as its way too easy now with high level chars......
Its kinda dull and loses something
I havent cast a heal spell since SoA and Ive only used Heal potions onmy mage which I now have to throw away as Im overloaded with them

So no need to remove XP cap......ToB does it for you