Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My PC won't start! Help! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91945)

Sir Goulum 10-16-2004 09:22 PM

I push the on button and everything, but then it just sits there, with the HP logo thing forever. It can't get past that. Somebody help me, please! :(

Spirits forever 10-16-2004 09:44 PM

hmm frst question in mind, how're u posting this? second, that happened to my comp, and in that screen, i pressed Ctrl+alt+del and my comp starts, also, that was because i had some spyware/adware/virus
one of the three, so u should try that ^_^

hope it helps

Sir Goulum 10-16-2004 09:49 PM

I'm posting this on my Mac. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, when it's just sitting there, do the ctrl-alt-delete thing? I'll try that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT- No, it didn't do anything. It doesn't even get to the Windows XP loading screen, if that's what you need to get to. I only make it to the blue HP screen. :(

[ 10-16-2004, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]

Bungleau 10-16-2004 10:02 PM

Hmmm... okay, one step at a time.

Do you get to the bios maintenance prompt? The "Press delete (or F1, or whatever) to maintain system settings? This is shortly after it goes through the memory test.

Assuming you get through there, does it get to the "XP Loading" display? It sounds like it doesn't, but let's confirm that.

Have you tried a boot disk, to see if you can boot from that?

Give some details about exactly what's showing (or not showing) and let's see what's up.

Sir Goulum 10-16-2004 10:04 PM

It gets to the HP screen and stops. Nothing shows up, and nothing happens. The computor doesn't even chunk away, hardly.

What do you mean by boot disk?

Tasslehoff Burrfoot 10-16-2004 11:16 PM

Ok the boot disk is one of the CDs that you get with your Comp
Also try to Unplug it. That may work. If not then rip your desk apart until you find the CD.
If you don't find the CD then you'll have to replace your hard drive.

johnny 10-16-2004 11:37 PM

Need a hammer ?

Sir Goulum 10-16-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Need a hammer ?
Naw, I find my fist or my foot works better. ;)

Already tried unplugging-replugging. And I never got any CD's with my computer.... poop. :(

johnny 10-16-2004 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
Need a hammer ?

Naw, I find my fist or my foot works better. ;)

Already tried unplugging-replugging. And I never got any CD's with my computer.... poop. :(
</font>[/QUOTE]*Tina Turner mode on* What's poop got to do... got to do with it *Tina Turner mode off*

Sir Goulum 10-16-2004 11:57 PM

It's a family forum version of a certain word. ;)