Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We have so many new Members! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72997)

Everytime I log onto IW we have a new member! Imagine a welcome party for everyone of them. *gasp*
IW is soo popular! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well hello new members [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Sir Byronas 01-14-2002 10:52 AM

Helo new members!
Why do I have the sence this is spamming :D ?

J'aran 01-14-2002 10:57 AM

I also have the feeling that a lot of them just post one question about Baldur's Gate or some other game and then become inactive.

But anyways, welcome to Ironworks, new members! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Byronas:
Helo new members!
Why do I have the sence this is spamming :D ?
<hr></blockquote>

No you've got me wrong! [img]smile.gif[/img] I am not spamming. This is a genuine concern! I mean I love new members but Ziroc how are we doing? Can our server cope??

Suzaku 01-14-2002 02:52 PM

Thanks for all the talk, has anyone noticed no newcomers have even acknowledged this post?! They all come for one uestion as you said. Register for a lifetime dang nabbit!

Beaumanoir 01-14-2002 03:06 PM

Yea, There's Always A New Member When I Log On Too! Btw Avatar, I Love Your New Sig Picture!! :D

Sazerac 01-14-2002 03:40 PM

Well, you never know. They may log on, ask a question, and never come back, but they may continue to ask questions, then get to know people, and then we've got them hooked! :D

I would say that about 90% of the members of IW are strictly gaming-oriented folk, though, and never make it into General Discussions.

-Sazerac

Smeagol 01-14-2002 04:30 PM

Cheers for the welcome, I'm definately here to stay. I'm allready hooked and I don't even go in the Baldurs Gate forums.

Thoran 01-14-2002 04:38 PM

I showed up to complain about Pool of Radiance... bad game but this is a good forum, so I've gotten something positive out of my $40.00. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You'll always have the people who ask one question and leave... but if for every 20 of them you get one who stays and contributes you'll have a very lively board very quickly.

I've been on a different UBB for years (camaroz28.com), but I'm 2700 miles away from my car... driving a lethargic rental for a year, so I don't want to think about how much I miss it... but I do enjoy the conversation that you get on a board, so this was a fortuitous find! Too bad I can't keep my post count though... I'm already sick of being a lowly guard [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: Thoran ]</p>

Durwyn 01-14-2002 04:51 PM

Hmm well, I'm not that kind of person that just posts one post somewhere and leaves, but I am a new member overall hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Greetings ye mates and ladies! Durwyn the Dwarf here! I love you all! This is a wonderful community! [img]smile.gif[/img] ;) :D ;) :D :D [img]smile.gif[/img] .