Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Uwe Boll working on Baldurs Gate movie - to be released in 2008 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94243)

Dreamer128 09-25-2005 07:13 PM

Joking, of course. Heh.. I know it isn't april the first just yet, but after browsing through the list of this mans failed video-game movies, I just couldn't resist. Anyway, what was your first impression when reading the topic title?

[ 09-25-2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]

Bozos of Bones 09-25-2005 07:15 PM

My eyes went wide, my hair stood up and my blood ran cold.

Ilander 09-25-2005 07:18 PM

Why no "it's about time a Baldur's Gate movie was made...but who is Uwe Boll?" option?

Sir Goulum 09-25-2005 07:20 PM

I think a Baldurs Gate movie would crash and burn.

Dreamer128 09-25-2005 07:22 PM

Because it would have been the most obvious choice, Ilander. ;) Anyway, I do have some bad news. Wikepedia on Boll:

His Boll KG company slogan declares itself to be the "World Market Leader in Video Game Adaptations." He is currently in a bidding war for rights to Half-Life and Metal Gear Solid, and recent online interviews suggest that he may be after the rights to Fallout and Castlevania as well.

Despite the criticism and detractors, however, Boll has a small cult following which often calls him a modern-day Ed Wood: a director with evident zeal and honest love of movies and movie production who ultimately makes movies that are generally thought of as being some of the worst ever made.

Boll essentially is a modern-day director. He's able to secure the investors (mostly German, in Hollywood often derisively referred to as "stupid German money"), secure the rights for cheap, picking games with only moderate brand recognition, does all of the actual production himself, and swiftly cranks out a movie. While under normal circumstances a director's movies could gross so little he's eventually shut out from every operating studio, Boll is exempt because he funds them under a loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards movies that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year.

Hell has a name: Boll KG. And get away from Fallout and Half-Life!

[ 09-25-2005, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]

Hivetyrant 09-25-2005 07:24 PM

I clicked on the link from the main page so I didnt see the full title, I just saw "Uwe Boll working on Baldurs" So I thought, wow, he is working on a new game? :D

Hivetyrant 09-25-2005 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreamer128:
loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards movies that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year.
[/i]
Hell has a name: Boll KG. And get away from Fallout and Half-Life!

This man should be shot.........
Out of a cannon........
Into the sun.......

shadowhound 09-25-2005 08:00 PM

I was terrified [img]redface.gif[/img] I was about to grab my rifle and go for a trip!

Jerr Conner 09-25-2005 08:12 PM

I went NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sever 09-25-2005 11:51 PM

After a quick search, i've come to the conclusion that i have never once seen anything he's worked on. Never even heard of most. Good thing? Bad thing?