Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   The Incredibles (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40419)

pritchke 03-18-2005 12:27 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Finally got around to watching this last night. I was impressed and I now understand how it took top animated film this year. It was a classic movie that had all the right superhero elements, combined with the elements of an average family. Despite having superpowers they were pretty much a normal family. As a side note I noticed many similarities between this movie and the game "Evil Genius", and least in terms of the evil genius.</font>

[ 03-18-2005, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Larry_OHF 03-18-2005 01:43 PM

<font color=skyblue>I also liked the movie. Was not sure before I rented it, now I want to own it.</font>

pritchke 03-18-2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>I also liked the movie. Was not sure before I rented it, now I want to own it.</font>
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Definately one to own, I will be getting it when I get a chance. Sometimes I wish I had a money tree in my yard. :D </font>

Jotin 03-18-2005 04:03 PM

This movie is awesome. Animation has just come so far since my days of watching the first disney cartoons.

Jorath Calar 03-18-2005 08:51 PM

To quote the kid at the end

THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!!

Seems very appropriate to this movie... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Larry_OHF 03-18-2005 11:15 PM

<font color=skyblue>I really like the Jack-Jack Attack scene, where you see the other end of that phone conversation with the sitter and what all the voice messages were about. </font>

Cerek 03-19-2005 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>I really like the Jack-Jack Attack scene, where you see the other end of that phone conversation with the sitter and what all the voice messages were about. </font>
<font color=plum>I think that is my favorite part also. I know my boys love it. I took my two oldest ones to see this movie in the theater, but we had to leave before the end of the movie. I got the DVD the day it was released. I came straight home and slapped it into the DVD player so I could SEE HOW THE MOVIE ENDS!!!

I freely admit I bought the movie as much for MY enjoyment as for my boys. I agree with all the other opinions so far, this movie is TOTALLY WICKED!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] </font>

wellard 03-19-2005 04:45 AM

The best Animation since toy story, and maybe even better than that.

I loved the whole concept of insurance claims forcing super heroes out of work

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Winter Wolf 03-19-2005 05:49 AM

how about the irony of an ex-super working for an insurance company after all the lawsuits put him into hiding in the first place? a great movie to be sure.

Mack_Attack 03-19-2005 11:02 AM

Agreed this is a great movie. I went with Sydney to the theater to see it. And also picked up the DVD when it came out. I put it in to the DVD player yesterday and started to do some work around the house. The next thing I realized I was on the couch watching it. [img]smile.gif[/img]