Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   the curse of the evil suckers..... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92225)

Stormymystic 11-12-2004 05:23 PM

ever notice how when you walk into a store, you are not forced to look at candy? but as you are getting ready to check out, there is rows upon rows of candy? especialy suckers?
We went into a family dollar store today, to see about some foil and a few other items we needed. well in the hidden area of the store, we found an amazing items, a toy chest for $20 dollars, a table cloth for 2, a few other items we figured we could use (by this time we are up close to $50.00) so we decided to go ahead and checkout, get to the register, and right in the reach of my 3 year old is a package of suckers! the evil of it all, the most horrid of all things candy. you know, you place the sweetend part in your mouth, and then get it wet....and then all over the car, clothes and hair, you can take this thing out of your mouth, and put it anywhere you wish to. well, when looking at pitiful big almond shaped brown eyes of a child who is supposed to be sick....who can resist it? the kicker is the things only cost $1.00. they are so evil, should be outlawed.....

JrKASperov 11-12-2004 05:26 PM

The evil lies in the inability to say 'no' ;)

RoSs_bg2_rox 11-12-2004 05:26 PM

Can't say I can really relate to that one... :D

Spirits forever 11-12-2004 05:40 PM

oohhh love them ^^, i'm guessing ur talking about blowpops and the such, damn they're soo good, at school there's one in my mouth most of the time XD

Mmmmm

Stormymystic 11-12-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:
oohhh love them ^^, i'm guessing ur talking about blowpops and the such, damn they're soo good, at school there's one in my mouth most of the time XD

Mmmmm

I rest my case of the evilness of these things ;)

Spirits forever 11-12-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Spirits forever:

Mmmmm

I rest my case of the evilness of these things ;) </font>[/QUOTE]LOL, i never expected that answer..but really i might even go get one now....reading about it, makes me want some XD

Animal 11-12-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:

Mmmmm

You need to read your posts prior to approving them. I'm surprised that nobody has run with this one. :D

Stormymystic 11-12-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Animal:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Spirits forever:

Mmmmm

You need to read your posts prior to approving them. I'm surprised that nobody has run with this one. :D </font>[/QUOTE]why do you think I left it alone? ;)

Ladyzekke 11-12-2004 08:20 PM

ROTFL Animal! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Stores don't seem to think about kids when choosing where to put their candy. Most grocery stores here have little shelves of all sorts of candy in the check-out aisle, all the way to the floor (in a child's easy reach). Sometimes you gotta wonder if they do it on purpose, just so a child will bug his parents for a particular piece of candy and they will buy it for them. Wouldn't be surprised!

LOL, I also learned last year not to buy any of the candy in grocery stores that are in those clear plastic bins (you just scoop the candy into a bag yourself)? I saw a kid last summer, about 2 or 3 I'd guess, open the top of a lower bin, take out a large gummy worm, put it in his mouth, then put it back. Mother totally didn't care.

Animal 11-12-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ladyzekke:
ROTFL Animal! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Stores don't seem to think about kids when choosing where to put their candy. Most grocery stores here have little shelves of all sorts of candy in the check-out aisle, all the way to the floor (in a child's easy reach). Sometimes you gotta wonder if they do it on purpose, just so a child will bug his parents for a particular piece of candy and they will buy it for them. Wouldn't be surprised!

LOL, I also learned last year not to buy any of the candy in grocery stores that are in those clear plastic bins (you just scoop the candy into a bag yourself)? I saw a kid last summer, about 2 or 3 I'd guess, open the top of a lower bin, take out a large gummy worm, put it in his mouth, then put it back. Mother totally didn't care.

That's exactly why the candy is where it is. Most parents would rather cave than have a scene in the middle of a store. :D

What a parent can't see, they don't have to pay for! :D