Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Empire Quest (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72908)

Legolas 01-08-2002 03:38 PM

Yes, yet again I have been tasked with recruiting recruits for our Empire Quest alliance by the name of the 'Ironworks' Alliance.

What is Empire Quest (in case you don't know by now)?
It's a free online space management game (more or less) where your mission, officially, is to reach the top 100 alone or wit the help of your galaxy members. (unofficially, it is to have fun)
To do this, you can build things like ships and defences, buildings and spacemines. If you have the resources, that is.

The EQ multiverse is huge, so it's easy to get lost if you are on your own. But luckily, a number of IW members are there too, to help you out and chat with you.

If you're wondering whether you want to give it a try or not, just do [img]smile.gif[/img]
It doesn't take up too much time, as the game is spread over many days. If you don't like it, noone's forcing you to stay.

But if you do decide to join, now is a good time. That's because the game has been restarted, so instead of entering the game and being surrounded by stronger players with huge fleets, you are as strong as everyone.

So if you're interested or want to know more, just check out www.empirequest.com
From there, you can sign up, and log in. Once you're in, press the button labeled 'politics' to the right hand side of your screen and view the list of alliances.
The Ironworks should be in there somewhere, adn by clicking on it's name you can fill in a form. But as long as we know what your nick on IW is, and that you are indeed an IW member, you're in. So no need to go into great detail.
Send the form and wait for a mail from us to tell you more [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 01-08-2002 03:45 PM

<font color="cyan">Yeah, its good. Go join up.

And I'm in it :D . And so Is Legolas. So now u have gotta go join up :D </font>

Dreamer128 01-08-2002 03:49 PM

Yup, alot of Ironworks members have already joined and we all love the game. I don't know a single person that doesn't like it.

Mitro Jellywadder 01-08-2002 06:29 PM

It's definitely a good game. Very addictive. :D

DragonMage 01-08-2002 07:11 PM

Hear, hear! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, it's addictive! And yes, it fun. :D And we still have a few slots in our very own private galaxy that we arranged for so that we can all be together and provide support and backup for one another.

And any ladies out there...PLEASE JOIN!!! Kaz and I are all alone with these guys! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hey...wait a minute...on second thought, I like these odds. ;)

LennonCook 01-09-2002 03:22 AM

<font color="lightblue"> Addictive ?? Like Slimeball ?? *snorts* OK, I dont say this too often (execpt to games that involve moving a couple of shapes about a screen to hit another shape an send it sliding as if its all done with fridge magnets), but somehow I dont like the sound of this... remionds me too much of slimeball and Bejeweled.
And no, this is NOT larry using someone elses account (look at the text- ive found a good colour!!! then again theyre all good) </font>

Garnet FalconDance 01-09-2002 05:32 PM

Legolas darlin'

I signed in at Empire Quest (as Crystal DAssKin), but the load time is so unbelievably *long* that I could practically take a nap waiting for any given page! And I still have yet to find out what I'm 'supposed' to be doing--the tutorial is of little use.

::sigh:: Maybe I should stick with magic and fantasy....

Legolas 01-10-2002 03:22 AM

Yes, I know :(
Normally it's a lot faster, but there are so many people online during the first days/weeks of the new round (to get their hands on some easy colonies) that the server can't really handle it anymore [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img]

But it shold speed up soon (I hope)

DragonMage 01-10-2002 08:19 AM

For the last two days, it's been HORRIBLE, but as of this morning, it's going MUCH faster... :D

Don't give up on it, Garnet. ;) And visit the HADB forum (click the link in my sig if you haven't been there before). There's a forum there with more information and some hints. Or just ask your questions here...but easiest is to go to Politics on EQ and submit a joining request. Once you get into the alliance, we can help you via the forums there or ingame e-mail. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just be sure to let them know who you are when you submit your join. ;) Then we'll get you into the private galaxy. :D

cya soon, I hope. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kaz 01-10-2002 01:18 PM

Yes! Submit to the IW EQ alliance!
C'mon, join! It's a bit confusing in the beginning, but with nice alliance members (us), you'll be helped, given advice, protected from newbie bashers *remembers an UNFORTUNATE episode in the last round* etc.
Join today! [img]smile.gif[/img]