Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   WALKTHROUGH (soloing the game) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58621)

Barb 11-03-2001 09:32 AM

WHO HAS COMPLETED THE GAME WITHOUT ASKING ANYONE FOR HELP, WITHOUT USING IRONWORKS, WITHOUT USING SHADOWKEEPER AND NOT USING A WALKTHROUGH, WHAT DID YOU MISS IN THE GAME?

Neb 11-03-2001 09:33 AM

Please don't post an all CAPS post.

Barb 11-03-2001 10:05 AM

Sorry, it's a bad habbit

Barb 11-03-2001 11:19 AM

well?

someone say something.

Sir Jorlon 11-03-2001 11:50 AM

Well, i got really pist. In my paladin game Jorlon(how coincidental) i was in Suldanessar. And i was also playing a bard game, and i saved Jorlons game, then when i played Joven(My bard game) everything went well. Then i was gettin tired so i decided to save and go to sleep. Well, i accidently saved over my paladin game, so i just used cheats to do everything over again. So i consider it "winning". But i missed kangaax, and the twisted rune. thats really it. Oh, also the limited wish quest with those Ritavin guys.

Barb 11-03-2001 01:01 PM

thats cool. I'm thinking of soloing through the game. What class should i use? I'm thinking of a
theif/fighter
theif/mage/fighter
kensai/mage
which one? I really want a low armour class and i want to detect traps and open locks

Barb 11-03-2001 01:40 PM

i know dundee slaytern has soloed with a cavalier. Would'nt that be hard to open locks and stuff cause breaking them open rarely works so the +spoiler+ Ma'var quest would be impossible would'nt it?

Memnoch 11-03-2001 01:45 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Barb:
WHO HAS COMPLETED THE GAME WITHOUT ASKING ANYONE FOR HELP, WITHOUT USING IRONWORKS, WITHOUT USING SHADOWKEEPER AND NOT USING A WALKTHROUGH, WHAT DID YOU MISS IN THE GAME?<hr></blockquote>

*Minor spoilers*

I did this on my first run through the game, back in early October last year. The hardest thing was working out a strategy for Kangaxx, since very few people knew the solution back then. I reloaded about 15 times before I worked it out.

I missed the Cloak of Mirroring my first time through and found the beholders in the Underdark very difficult.

Dundee Slaytern 11-03-2001 01:46 PM

Huh? Why would the Mae'Var quest be impossible?

I of course, cannot open every single lock, but I can open most locks by using Draw Upon Holy Might to boost my STR and bash open the locks. Later on, I just use Crom Faeyr to bash locks open.

Mae'Var Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You use a key to open the safe containing the damning documents.

Dundee Slaytern 11-03-2001 01:51 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Memnoch:
Kangaxx Spoiler
~
~
~
~
I did this on my first run through the game, back in early October last year. The hardest thing was working out a strategy for Kangaxx, since very few people knew the solution back then. I reloaded about 15 times before I worked it out.
<hr></blockquote>

Kangaxx Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Heh, heh. [img]smile.gif[/img] Me too, I reloaded like 8 times before I got lucky, I did not know about the Protection from Magic scrolls and Spell Immunity. Everybody got imprisoned except my Sorcerer who only had the Spell Trap from the Staff of Magi. I did not get any Xp for killing Kangaxx because the killing blow was from Keldorn whom I had free using Freedom and he killed Kangaxx while still in neutral mode( blue circle)... ...