Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Australia shoots itself in the foot.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89673)

Skippy1 03-29-2004 06:35 AM

24-21 :D

Donut 03-29-2004 06:51 AM

Champions of the World!!

Davros 03-29-2004 07:28 AM

Sign seen at last years England v Australia soccer game :

"If you can't beat us at this you will be officially crap at everything" :D

Davros 03-29-2004 07:30 AM

I see the "Champions of the world" are now the 3rd best side in Europe and the 2nd best side in the British Isles. In fact if it wasn;t for Wales choking they would have been another spot down the rankings in each of those leagues. Just how much of a "one man band" are these dudes.

PS : I remember seeing a prophetic limerick from Moiraine about Roosters shitting on Roses - looks like her prophecy was just a little ahead of its time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lanesra 03-29-2004 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:

Except rugby world cup 101

Davros 03-29-2004 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lanesra:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Davros:

Except rugby world cup 101 </font>[/QUOTE]LOL - that was a quick reply Lanesra :D - only those lofty heights of last November are somewhat tarnished now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Back on topic, it is totally correct that Thorpey be DQed from the Australian titles. If it happened in Athens (or any swim meet fr that matter) he would be DQed there as well. What is flawed is a selection process that is completely intractable and focussed only on one weekend of the 4 years. On the other hand, I think the Aussie atheletes get way too many chances to make the team. They get a 6 month period to be good enough to mae the side, and the performance that qualifies them might be a personal best 6 months prior to the games.

Too much leeway to athletes - not enough to swimmers. They are saying that there is provision to change the selection for who races in the event after the team is announced - mabe that is what Swimming Australia is eyeing off as an out.

Donut 03-29-2004 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
I see the "Champions of the world" are now the 3rd best side in Europe and the 2nd best side in the British Isles. In fact if it wasn;t for Wales choking they would have been another spot down the rankings in each of those leagues. Just how much of a "one man band" are these dudes.

PS : I remember seeing a prophetic limerick from Moiraine about Roosters shitting on Roses - looks like her prophecy was just a little ahead of its time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Still Champions of the World though!

I've notice the Freedom Girl lurking. Now I know why!

Donut 03-29-2004 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skippy1:
20-17

Davros 03-29-2004 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Davros:

Still Champions of the World though!

I've notice the Freedom Girl lurking. Now I know why!
</font>[/QUOTE]Take heart Donut - at least you are still "Champions of the UK" - now that is impressive [img]smile.gif[/img] - well - isn't it????

Skippy1 03-29-2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Skippy1:

20-17 </font>[/QUOTE]Still hurting then? Heh heh, old news mate. :D

France, Ireland and almost Wales. Not looking too good for the "World Chumps" on their downunder tour in June. Oh, and little Jonny is looking extremely doubtful for that as well. Oh dear! Looks like Cooky is coming home for some sunshine after all those years in the darkness. :D