Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ranger/mages (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59059)

chinese noodle 11-17-2001 02:50 AM

does anyone else think that you should be able to combine these two classes, coz i really want to make a stalker/mage...

Kaleban 11-17-2001 03:01 AM

The use of Wizardly magic cannot really be combined with the Ranger/Druid, as it goes against the natural order.

I suppose Elves could do this, as magic is part of their nature, but since you can't multiclass sub-classes in AD&D rules, this ain't happening...

Of course, it is very easy to use Shadowkeeper to do this dual or multiclass, but combining an Archer with a Mage could be a bit overpowered...

Barloc 11-17-2001 03:06 PM

yea, it would be cool. i think it allows it in Neverwinter nights!

Legolas 11-17-2001 03:21 PM

That would be fun! Who needs the Bard, we have a character that has better magic, better fighting skills and priest spells, at the cost of only a little bit of thieving skills and a harp [img]smile.gif[/img]

Talk about a powerful all-round character ;)

Kaleban 11-17-2001 03:34 PM

I don't think the correct term is "fun", I think you meant to say perhaps "over-powered" or maybe munchkin...

Neb 11-17-2001 03:37 PM

The powerful combination ever would be a Sorcerer/Cleric/Psionic, three types of power, Sorcerer for offense and defense, Cleric for healing and by using the correct metapsionic science you would be able to use your psionics while casting either cleric or mage spells at the same time, also, for being a sorcerer, you would be allowed to use mage robes and scrolls, cleric skills would include wielding maces and warhammers as well as using clerical scrolls, imagine then, if you used your psionic skills to create an Empowered warhammer or mace(Capable of speaking, thinking and using psionics.), you would then be able to, in one round, cast either clerical magic or a sorcerer spell, also, two times psionics, once from you and once from your item, imagine the power and carnage.......

Legolas 11-17-2001 04:58 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kaleban:
I don't think the correct term is "fun", I think you meant to say perhaps "over-powered" or maybe munchkin...<hr></blockquote>

Really? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dreamer128 11-17-2001 05:19 PM

I think a ranger-assasin would be cool. That way, he could lay traps and poison his weapons.

chinese noodle 11-17-2001 08:02 PM

some people think it would be overpowerd, not really, theres the slow advancement, no armour for the mage side of things, and you could remove the automatic two points in two weaponstyle that theranger gets

Lifetime 11-18-2001 09:56 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Neb:
The powerful combination ever would be a Sorcerer/Cleric/Psionic, three types of power, Sorcerer for offense and defense, Cleric for healing and by using the correct metapsionic science you would be able to use your psionics while casting either cleric or mage spells at the same time, also, for being a sorcerer, you would be allowed to use mage robes and scrolls, cleric skills would include wielding maces and warhammers as well as using clerical scrolls, imagine then, if you used your psionic skills to create an Empowered warhammer or mace(Capable of speaking, thinking and using psionics.), you would then be able to, in one round, cast either clerical magic or a sorcerer spell, also, two times psionics, once from you and once from your item, imagine the power and carnage.......<hr></blockquote>

Why didnt I think of that? Brilliant! I shall go try :D :D :D