Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I go to the army. Darn it to the heck!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87863)

Black Baron 09-25-2003 06:41 AM

I go to the army. Darn it to the heck!!!
you will see me here one week in a month, in a best case.
but i will spam here, so you will not be rid of me.
And after 3 years i will be back. AGAIN!!
So lets opress the enemies of israel further...
the hell with it! :devil :crazy

Donut 09-25-2003 06:44 AM

Well the good news is that Israel is considering scrapping universal conscription.

The Hierophant 09-25-2003 06:47 AM

Good luck Black Baron. Stay brave.

shadowhound 09-25-2003 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Good luck Black Baron. Stay brave.
Forget staying brave. Stay Alive.

Dundee Slaytern 09-25-2003 07:36 AM

Join the Tea Party. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Anybody else knows which other country(ies) has compulsory enlistment? [img]smile.gif[/img] It will be interesting to know.

Stratos 09-25-2003 08:32 AM

Sweden has as well, but only about 40% ever get their military training. They only pick the best and best motivated.

Cloudbringer 09-25-2003 08:51 AM

Best of luck to you, Black Baron! Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing!

Dundee, that's a good topic! [img]smile.gif[/img] Timely in your case. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm not sure if Russia still has mandatory service time, but at one point they did.

Kakero 09-25-2003 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Anybody else knows which other country(ies) has compulsory enlistment? [img]smile.gif[/img] It will be interesting to know.
The last time I heard Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea have it. Starting this year Malaysia have it too but it's only for " specially selected boys " and their training is for 3 months only.

Zuvio 09-25-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

The last time I heard Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea have it. Starting this year Malaysia have it too but it's only for " specially selected boys " and their training is for 3 months only. </font>[/QUOTE]<font color=lightgreen>
Then why even bother? Waste of good money I tell ya!
Bah, enlistment ... I've been with the Dutch Marine Corps for 5 months and then quitted. Realised in time that school was much, much better and much more fun!
</font>

NiceWorg 09-25-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stratos:
Sweden has as well, but only about 40% ever get their military training. They only pick the best and best motivated.
I didnīt know our dear neighbors have it semi-voluntary. Itīs obligatory in Finland.. so say, 90% of all guys have gone through the training. That means six months of wasted lifetime for unmotivated persons, such as myself.