Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Rabbi and the IRS (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90268)

Arvon 06-06-2004 10:32 AM

The IRS and the Rabbi

A young, fresh-out-of-school auditor just joined the IRS, excited to begin tracking down high-powered offenders-just as the Enron or WorldCom guys. Anxious for his first high-powered audit, he was a bit dismayed when his assignment was to audit a Rabbi.

Looking over the books and taxes were pretty straight forward, and the rabbi clearly very frugal, so he thought he'd make his day interesting by having a little fun with the rabbi.

"Rabbi," he said, "I noticed that you buy a lot of candles."

"Yes," answered the Rabbi.

"Well, Rabbi, what do you do with the candle drippings?" he asked.

"A good question," noted the Rabbi. "We actually save them up and when we have enough, we send them back to the candle maker. And every now and then, they send us a free box of candles."

Oh," replied the auditor somewhat disappointed that his unusual question actually had a practical answer. So he thought he'd go on, in his obnoxious way...

"Rabbi, what about all these matzo purchases? What do you do with the crumbs from the matzo?"

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi calmly, "we actually collect up all the crumbs from the matzo and when we have enough, we send them in a box back to the manufacturer and every now and then, they send a box of matzo balls."

"Oh," replied the auditor, thinking hard how to fluster the Rabbi.

"Well, Rabbi," he went on, "what do you do with all the foreskins from the circumcisions?"

"Yes, here too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What we do is save up all the foreskins, and when we have enough we actually send them to the I.R.S."

"The I.R.S.?," questioned the auditor in disbelief.

"Ahh, yes," replied the Rabbi, "the I.R.S. And about once a year, they send us a little p***k like you."

Nightcloak 06-06-2004 09:16 PM

Excuse me, just to let you know I am somewhat offended by this crude "joke." I don't know where your ignorant and arrogant self comes off where you believe you can just submit a somewhat ethnic joke to just about any soul that browses these forums, but now I ponder what type of person you generally are in reality. This does just scratch the surface or even begins to leading to the up comming anti-Semitic replies that could or could not soon sway this way.

Not too mention I didn't even get the joke to begin with. But hey why don't I start a thread with a dialogue about priests and little boys or perhaps lets mix in how all Arabs are terrorists. I have to deal with people like you everyday currently in my school. Now of course this isn't as crude but, I occasionally have to deal with the incompetant white trash fat kid that likes to walk around class like Hitler flailing his arm in the air. Have you any idea how many "oven" jokes i've heard this year?

I'm sorry if i'm simply taking this seemingly innocent joke the wrong way, but things like this are just the simple roots of the many pathetic world problems we have today. Want to know whats truly funny? Pretty much the entire world hates less than one percent of its total population. . .

Word of advice, leave anything that has to deal with ethnicity, religion, politics, and what not at the door, because frankly you just don't know who might come along and read it. But hey, then again you just might not care, which I suppose is alright seeing that I really can't tell you what to do, all I can do is just point and laugh at your overall ignorance mummy and daddy have passed along. ::sigh:: nothing ever ends.

As cute and innocent something may seem, some people just under-estimate how dangerous it is.

Stormymystic 06-06-2004 09:30 PM

where is it in anyway shape or form about relgion? just because it says a rabbi? if he had of just said a man, would it have made a difference? or would it have been sexist? sorry, but I find it funny, arvon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Assassin 06-06-2004 09:37 PM

... Nightcloak, the joke was more against the I.R.S than against religion. =/ I got it, Arvon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vaskez 06-06-2004 09:42 PM

LOL [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

there is humour there Nightcloak, but I can see where you're coming from. Borderline...

Stormy, it is about religion, or did you miss the metion of circumcision?
Assassin, are you proud that you got it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

[ 06-06-2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Sagramore 06-06-2004 09:44 PM

LoL, i am jewish and i approve of this joke [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Assassin 06-06-2004 09:49 PM

Not quite. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just had to say that not everyone thinks that it's racist or whatever. ;)

Stormymystic 06-06-2004 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
LOL [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Stormy, it is about religion, or did you miss the metion of circumcision?

my son is circumsized, but not because of religion, because it is healthier for him [img]tongue.gif[/img] so I guess because of that, I do not think of it as being religious

Vaskez 06-06-2004 10:01 PM

ah I see

Dirty Meg 06-06-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nightcloak:
Excuse me, just to let you know I am somewhat offended by this crude "joke." I don't know where your ignorant and arrogant self comes off where you believe you can just submit a somewhat ethnic joke to just about any soul that browses these forums, but now I ponder what type of person you generally are in reality. This does just scratch the surface or even begins to leading to the up comming anti-Semitic replies that could or could not soon sway this way.

Not too mention I didn't even get the joke to begin with. But hey why don't I start a thread with a dialogue about priests and little boys or perhaps lets mix in how all Arabs are terrorists. I have to deal with people like you everyday currently in my school. Now of course this isn't as crude but, I occasionally have to deal with the incompetant white trash fat kid that likes to walk around class like Hitler flailing his arm in the air. Have you any idea how many "oven" jokes i've heard this year?

I'm sorry if i'm simply taking this seemingly innocent joke the wrong way, but things like this are just the simple roots of the many pathetic world problems we have today. Want to know whats truly funny? Pretty much the entire world hates less than one percent of its total population. . .

Word of advice, leave anything that has to deal with ethnicity, religion, politics, and what not at the door, because frankly you just don't know who might come along and read it. But hey, then again you just might not care, which I suppose is alright seeing that I really can't tell you what to do, all I can do is just point and laugh at your overall ignorance mummy and daddy have passed along. ::sigh:: nothing ever ends.

As cute and innocent something may seem, some people just under-estimate how dangerous it is.

Why is it that some people have to be so self-righteous? By responding in this way you are just reinforcing a stereotype which is far more demeaning to jews than this joke.