Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Voices (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92788)

Jimmy Joe Jamboree 01-21-2005 07:12 PM

G'day guys n gals

If you had a choice, who's voice or what kind of accent would you want?

Or, are you content ith your own voice?

J
i
m
m
y

Gangrell 01-21-2005 07:31 PM

I'm fine with my voice, however I would like to remove the redneck accent.

spydar 01-21-2005 07:36 PM

I like the way my voice sounds in my head, but when I hear myself on tape I think I sound all high-pitched and girly. so if I could get my voice sound to others the way it sounds to me, that'd be great.

I'd also like to not talk in a girlie voice whenever my boyfriend does something sweet. he thinks it's cute but everytime I do it I want to punch myself.

Kestrel Daystar 01-21-2005 07:41 PM

I would love to have David Warner's voice. Its just so great! If I were a guy mind, heheh. I guess it would sound rather wierd coming from a girls mouth [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

As for girls voices, I would quite like to have Keira Knightley's voice.

--Kestrel--

SomeGuy 01-21-2005 08:02 PM

My voice is damn sexy, I like it the way it is. :D

Violet 01-21-2005 08:52 PM

If I could be the female version of Patrick Stewart that would rock. :D

Jerry_Seinfeld 01-21-2005 08:53 PM

I wish I had an australian accent, that would be so awsome :D

Sir Degrader 01-21-2005 09:13 PM

I want to have the UT 2k4 robotic voice. Complete with taunts, everytime someone screws up I automatically say "Flesh is a Design Flaw", or after I beat someone up "Faster, Stronger, Better".

johnny 01-21-2005 09:14 PM

Kinda like Zed from Police academy, that would be cool. :D

Arledrian 01-21-2005 09:17 PM

I've never lost my English East-Anglian accent, so to this day, and despite my worldwide travelling, I sound identical to Simon from American Idol. At least, that's what everyone says. The ladies here seem to like it, so I can't complain. I wouldn't change my voice for any money.

shadowhound 01-21-2005 09:17 PM

I love my Aussie accent but occasionally an Irish or Russian accent would rock.

Animal 01-21-2005 11:29 PM

Joey from friends..."how you doin...?"

Illumina Drathiran'ar 01-22-2005 12:00 AM

Ann Robinson. I don't think my voice and presence make people tremble enough.

Beaumanoir 01-23-2005 02:04 PM

Southern English. I'd turn myself on. I can listen to you southerners all day. It's so nice, and refreshing not to hear the accents of lancashire.

E.g People from Chorley are actually from 'Chorleh'
People From Leyland are actually from 'Leylund'
And people from Wigan ride 'Baiiikes' and eat lots of 'Paiiiiie'

It's horrible.

Bozos of Bones 01-24-2005 11:18 AM

Hmm... I think I might go with Da Degrader on this one :D
Or even a Network voicepack I downloaded for UT2k4, with also a robotic voice saying stuff like "The ISP is not responsible for that frag." after kicking ur a$$.

Sigmar 01-24-2005 11:36 AM

Italian-American sterotypical mafia style voice.

That's my dream.

"Forget about it!"

I've got it down now, fortunately the Gibraltarian accent isn't that different so I was able to convert it. :D

But I wish, I wish upon a great big fish that it was my first accent so that it stuck when I spoke in spanish.

As it stands I sound like Joey from friends...I wanna be more sterotypical! :D

Zuvio 01-24-2005 02:48 PM

I want Vegeta's voice and Skeletor's laugh!!!

Vaskez 01-24-2005 03:07 PM

Hmmm I'm fine with my voice now, I didn't used to like it when I was a teenager, it was less deep. As long as I can rap and sound remotely menacing :D ;)

As for my accent, well I used to have a really "common" southern english accent, you know like "I ain't goin' down town today man, iss freezin'"

But in the last few years and especially the last few months as work's got more serious, I've had to have more technical discussions with more foreigners who can't understand a word I say if I speak like the above. So I speak really clearly to them and this has become a habbit, so I've started sounding quite well-spoken, not posh, just well spoken and it's really bad for my bad-boy image :D :D I dunno what to do, I can't keep changing accents!

In short, I don't really want anyone else's voice or accent, although the guy who did Ben in the game Full Throttle and Wolverine in the newer X-Men cartoons has a cool voice.

Hehe, we should all do a voice recording of ourselves saying something and host it somewhere, then we can vote on who has the coolest/scariest/wimpiest etc. voice :D

[ 01-24-2005, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

SomeGuy 01-24-2005 05:19 PM

Dude, Vaskez, I like the voice hosting idea. That'd be awesome, but what would we say? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Illumina Drathiran'ar 01-24-2005 05:23 PM

A random phrase that has some importance to us, but nothing that identifies us. Then, we also get to guess who's saying what.

Jaradu 01-24-2005 05:23 PM

SomeGuy, you do realise that now I can put a ransom on a certain file that has the potential to make me millions from you! :D

Nah, I'm not that evil. It's safe. ;)

Vaskez 01-24-2005 06:31 PM

Well, everyone needs to say the same thing and it needs to be long enough to give a good impression of our voice/accent, but not so long that it's boring to listen to over and over (cos there are a lot of members :D ).

I think everyone should rap the lines of my signature in their own accent. That'd be cool :D .

[ 01-24-2005, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Violet 01-24-2005 07:43 PM

LOL Count me out! The voice I hear inside my head is really nice and very feminine. However, a recording has revealed that what other people hear when I speak is a bit on the harsh side - rugged if you may - probably even irritating - I'll say no more. :D

LennonCook 01-24-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
what would we say? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<span style="color: lightblue">"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog".

Cloudbringer 01-29-2005 02:11 AM

I think I'll keep my voice. LOL I had to call the heating plant a lot today and at one point I said to the guy "You're gonna get sick of me calling!" to which he replied, "Not with that voice!" LOL I get that alot, so I guess it's ok as is.

LennonCook, LOL, I think that works best in type. :D

karnevil9 01-29-2005 03:30 PM

I would have to choose an Irish accent, in my own voice. That would be cool.

Attalus 01-29-2005 04:04 PM

I'd want to sound exactly like the late, great Cary Grant.