Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Review of the MOD NPC's... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16142)

SixOfSpades 05-09-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Imrahil:
SixOfSpades wrote up an excellent Tactics review here (why this isn't listed on the PPG site, I don't know - I didn't list myself on there, so whoever put me on there probably should've listed this as well - this was from Tactics a few versions ago, so there may be a newer version - someone, maybe 6oS, can correct my link - blame Google if this is not the most current version [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Dang--I had no idea people even still remembered that mini-website, and I'm surprised I haven't taken it down yet, as I could use the space. Anyway, don't worry, you have the correct link, Imrahil, as I've never written a similar review of any more recent version, largely because my review had its intended effect and got Weimer to implement many softenings and improvements. I actually wrote the review more for Weimer's benefit than the general public--and since he seems to have stopped writing mods, I doubt my future reviews will be anywhere near as in-depth. When I finally get around to writing the next version of Volothamp's Comeuppance, I'll be including a chapter where I review various mods, and I will defnitely be including a link to your NPC ratings, Imrahil. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of which: It's good that you're posting your NPC reviews here, but they should really have their own webpage/site, where you can post screenshots to illustrate your points--the NPC's portraits at least, to help people identify with the pros and cons of the characters. A suggestion: Rate the BioWare NPCs, too, as if they were mods. Chastise BioWare for Cernd's low score on the Power scale and Valygar's low score on Personality. Then organize all the NPCs in order by overall grade and see where everyone stands.

bjorn 05-09-2006 06:18 PM

[quote]Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Quote:

Speaking of which: It's good that you're posting your NPC reviews here, but they should really have their own webpage/site, where you can post screenshots to illustrate your points--the NPC's portraits at least, to help people identify with the pros and cons of the characters. A suggestion: Rate the BioWare NPCs, too, as if they were mods. Chastise BioWare for Cernd's low score on the Power scale and Valygar's low score on Personality. Then organize all the NPCs in order by overall grade and see where everyone stands.
That is an excellent idea!
I wish I still had my server, I would host that if I could.

EDIT: And Six, I recently installed the Tactics mod for the first time and used your guide when deciding which components to install. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-09-2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: bjorn ]

timothy trotter 05-10-2006 06:06 AM

i was actually looking for something along those lines two days ago.....

Bithron 05-10-2006 12:06 PM

This should be stickied IMO..

ZFR 05-11-2006 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Valygar's low score on Personality. Then organize all the NPCs in order by overall grade and see where everyone stands.
I actually liked Valygar's personality. In fact liked him for his personality.

Ashara Dayne 02-09-2007 06:13 PM

So do I. I adore Valygar.

Anyways, Kivan was greatly expanded since V2, if anyone cares.

[ 02-09-2007, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Ashara Dayne ]

Iron Greasel 02-10-2007 05:05 AM

OGTHROD AI'F
GEB'L—EE'H
YOG-SOTHOTH
'NGAH'NG AI'Y
ZHRO

Deathsangel 06-21-2007 09:46 AM

Okay, sorry for the grave digging, but is Imrahil still around? I mean, I find this topic very worthwhile and would love to see it expanded or at least being saved

Iron Greasel 06-23-2007 11:45 AM

(Insert here yet another Charles Dexter Ward or Herbert West reference)

I haven't seen Imrahil around recently, but that might be my own lack of attention.