Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Going in for Surgery (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87548)

Cerek the Barbaric 09-02-2003 07:34 AM

<font color=plum>I already posted this on the <font color=skyblue>Oasis</font>, but I wanted to let everyone here also know that I will be having some major surgery next week.

As many of you already know, I have a chronic illness {Crohns disease} that has required 3 surgeries so far. The last two resulted in "temporary" ostomy, but I've actually had it for 10 years. For those who don't know, the quick explanation of an ostomy means that I poop in a pouch. If you really want a more detailed explanation, feel free to send me a PM.

The good news is that I went to see a surgeon in Atlanta a few weeks ago (at the request of my regular doctor) and he said I would be a good candidate for having my ostomy reversed. This procedure is informally known as the <font color=white>"Humpty Dumpty Procedure"</font> - because they will be "putting me back together again" :D {OK, I just made that up, but it works on a couple of levels ;) )

Now for the details....my surgery is scheduled for next Monday, Sept. 8 at 1pm. The actual operation should only take about 4 hours and, hopefully, I will be able to leave the hospital after 6 days. Then, I will be home for about another 5 weeks while I recover my strength.

If any of you happen to be in the Atlanta area between Sept 8-14, I would LOVE for you to drop by and see me. Send me a PM and I will give more details as to where I will be.

If not, I will be back online here in a couple of weeks. Expect to see a lot of me, since I will be going stir crazy here at home. [img]graemlins/reallyroll.gif[/img] </font>

Donut 09-02-2003 07:36 AM

Good luck Cerek.

Larry_OHF 09-02-2003 07:43 AM

<font color=skyblue>We will be waiting to hear from you.</font>

Morgeruat 09-02-2003 08:07 AM

Good luck Cerek, I hope everything goes well (and maybe we could talk you into reviving the Arena ;) )

You'll be in my prayers.

Cloudbringer 09-02-2003 08:20 AM

As I said in private and on Oasis...God Bless you and your surgeons, Cerek and may it all be over and you back on your feet as quickly as possible! [img]smile.gif[/img] *HUG*

Xen 09-02-2003 08:38 AM

Good luck on recovery! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Harkoliar 09-02-2003 09:12 AM

post us back here to see what happened. good luck mate!

Link 09-02-2003 09:30 AM

Yeah man! Good luck, and make sure you post the outcome! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Reeka 09-02-2003 09:35 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. My sister had it and finally had to had to have an illeostomy. A close personal friend of mine's mother has it. I well understand what a terrible disease this is. I hope everything goes well. Take care.

*hugs*

Attalus 09-02-2003 09:39 AM

I wished you luck on <font color=yellow>The Oasis,</font> <font color=red>Cerek</font>, and I shall do so, here, too. Good luck and God bless.