Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LVS Awards? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32393)

Bungleau 08-28-2003 10:40 AM

Now, let's look from the other side. It's time to vote for the LEAST valuable spells in each spell school. You may pick up to three that you simply wouldn't want to have, and that you think should be the last three spells you strive to get.

Here's my take:

Spirit: Charm, Force of Mind, Mind Leech
Sun: Circle of Fire, Dazzle, Blinding Flash
Moon: Hands of Time, Unsilence, Shadow
Vine: Vine of Life, Breath of Air, Pry
Stone: Petrification, Negate Magic, Melt
Fiend: Blood to Gold, Bloodbath, Enfeeble

So.... what do you think? Who do you think is the least valuable?

Radek 08-28-2003 11:49 AM

Spirit: Charm, Force of Mind, Mind Leech
Sun: Torchlight, Dazzle, Blinding Flash
Moon: Shadow
Vine: Pry, Vine of Life
Stone: Petrification, Melt
Fiend: Word of Death, Bloodbath, Blood to Gold, Enfeeble

Sorry, I don't have a list of spells ready because I haven't installed W&W on the computer in my work [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I am sure that I would be able to find more completely useless spells :D

WillowIX 08-28-2003 01:57 PM

Spirit - Charm, Mind leech
Sun - Torchlight
Moon - Shadow
Vine - Slow, Repel, lure, etc. etc. ;)
Stone - Melt, petrification
fiend - Enfeeble, bloodbath, blood to gold.

bsftcs 08-28-2003 04:52 PM

Actually I think shadow has its charm. It is useful when walking through places where one does not want to fight because it takes time. Also it has a funny effect when cast on a monster: The monster turns virtually transparent.

The blood to gold spell can be useful when used in conjunction with the toughen bug.

And Radek, petrification is more or less invaluable to Stackman. Why run around collecting crates to stack, when one can just stack petrified creatures? :D

LiOnHe@rT 09-03-2003 01:54 AM

what's more, bloodbath is a good spell if u can handle the hp loss, and it becomes even more useful if the caster has a huge amount of hp (meaning it does more damage) !
torchlight is a rather useless spell, but it is essential in the 1st part of the game where the 2nd lvl "light" spell is still quite far away.
i would say that Breath of Air of the Vine class is a plain useless spell unless you're playing real-time as a challenge, but still u can juz swim up to the surface again whenever u run out of air.......
all the artifacts spels are GREAT! use them for blessings and enchantments, and you'll nv hate them again. :D
now for the status inflicting spells.... they are useful against bosses where u want to torture them, but they turn useless when u are in a hurry to get somewhere and encounter a group of monsters along the way.
AIYA!!! overall, all the spells haf their ups n downs except a few (like breath of air), and this shows that they are all equal...