Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   baby sketch (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79258)

RevRuby 08-18-2004 09:04 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...uby/sketch.jpg

i've always wanted to sketch my kids, so i did. well my two babies anyway.

Spirits forever 08-18-2004 11:26 PM

well i can see a few things, the shading is alittle too rough, imo, and then the baby is too light, and well arounf the mouth of the right figure, the hard line made it look old.. as if it were wrinkles..do you get what i mean?
but then again..i'm not too big on drawing real ppl [img]tongue.gif[/img]

overall it's pretty good :D

/)eathKiller 08-19-2004 01:55 AM

awwww! dat's adowable!

Xen 08-19-2004 09:10 AM

That picture is so awsome! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

RevRuby 08-19-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:
well i can see a few things, the shading is alittle too rough, imo, and then the baby is too light, and well arounf the mouth of the right figure, the hard line made it look old.. as if it were wrinkles..do you get what i mean?

shading is hard with a mechanical pencil. hard to find a real one that isn't color around here. i do much better with art pencils, but i don't have the moneyf or them. of course i did do the whole thing in less than an hour. i'm gonna play with it a bit, but for the most part i am pleased. altho lyn's face isn't as chubby as irl in the drawing.

Spirits forever 08-19-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RevRuby:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Spirits forever:

shading is hard with a mechanical pencil. hard to find a real one that isn't color around here. i do much better with art pencils, but i don't have the moneyf or them. of course i did do the whole thing in less than an hour. i'm gonna play with it a bit, but for the most part i am pleased. altho lyn's face isn't as chubby as irl in the drawing. </font>[/QUOTE]oh o, you use mech pencils, well here's a trick for shading with them, well you can go on real slow in one direction, and then add on top of it on the other direction, and then repeat that until you get the shade you want, it's really nice, i use it alot, after school starts i'll put up one of my drawings with that shading method, and no one says that you can't make great art without art supplies, it'd be helpful. but not necesary,. if i can do it. you probably can do a better job [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ziroc 08-19-2004 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RevRuby:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Spirits forever:

shading is hard with a mechanical pencil. hard to find a real one that isn't color around here. i do much better with art pencils, but i don't have the moneyf or them. of course i did do the whole thing in less than an hour. i'm gonna play with it a bit, but for the most part i am pleased. altho lyn's face isn't as chubby as irl in the drawing. </font>[/QUOTE]For lead shading, you can buy one of those thick 'all lead' pencils. Its as thick as a normal pencil, but with no wood. and coated with a plastic coating.

For shading also, draw some lines where you want shading, then use your finger to shade, or roll up some paper and make a tight tip, and rub it over the lead.

Loads of tricks to this. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bozos of Bones 08-20-2004 07:58 AM

I draw all my drawings with a mech pencil, with only some shadings done with a fat(high HB) pencil. Shading with a mech pencil does need some practice, but it can come out great.
P.S.
I like the drawing.

RevRuby 08-20-2004 08:20 AM

i actuallad been using my finger. the hard part with the picture is that erilyn was in all shadows. and carol had the main focus of the light. probably the one thing i dislike about it is that erilyn looks more like a mother than another baby in the picture.

LordKathen 08-23-2004 01:58 AM

<font color=lime>I think its wonderfull. Very emotional. </font>

[ 08-23-2004, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]