Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   killed dragon ( bummed out )spoiler kinda (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33992)

theifprowess 07-04-2002 07:25 AM

i just killed my first dragon.(winter fang) looked like a blue or white dragon. but was an ice dragon weak in all accounts. damn thing was half dead before it even did its first attack.the dragon looks really cool and its breath attacks even looked cool. but it did its breath weapon twice. its spends its first half of its exsistance casting some spells on itself. then it starts mocking you while its getting its tail kicked. then it finally decides that now thats its almost dead maybe it should go attack.

well when all was said and done i lost my npc and i lost a minor 26 HP. the dragon gave a big 420 xp.i was just hoping that it woulda put out a bigger fight.all in all for me it was a let down for what should have been a tough fight. i just hope the balor lord puts out a better fight.

Kakero 07-04-2002 11:15 AM

say theif, did you manage to kill belial? I couldn't { damn one hit kill ). :(

theifprowess 07-04-2002 08:30 PM

nope but i am about to kill balor lord today:) hes a lvl 34 dragon with cr 20 and an ac of 30 good thing he has 138 hp.
abilities:
cleave
damage reduction 30/+3
dr to acid,fire,cold 20/-
100%immunity to electrical
spell resistance 28
aura versusalignment(x5)
darkness(x5)
fear(x5)
firestorm(x1)
greater dispelling(x5)
implosion(x1)
wall of fire(x5)
summon tannari(x4)
weapon:
balor slam(1d10+10+10+on hit(vorpal)
balor slam(1d6+7+on hit:fear)

wish me luck

Downunda 07-04-2002 10:58 PM

I'm playing as a dwarven fighter and I managed to kill Belial (Didn't cast PFE just to see if I could take him) Had to use buffing potions but did it first try.

I'm in Chap3 atm and I found dragons far too easy - the first time I came across one (the green one with the eggs) I saved and attacked it just to see how difficult it would be and was fully let down, I didn't even need to use potions! [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

I'm playing on Hardcore Rules but am thinking that if I decide to go through again I might up it to the hardest setting? Anyone else finding it too easy?

theifprowess 07-05-2002 04:21 AM

yes i killed the green dragon as well even though shes a good dragon. the blue one is by far the easiest. hell you dont even need to take a swing at it and it dies.i defeated the balor lord also wasnt as hard as i thought either. i am just now on act 4.

Kakero 07-05-2002 04:47 AM

strange though, in the cave, if you let the dragon chase you to outside the cave, he will follow you outside but can't enter the cave anymore. ;)

Gabrielles blades 07-05-2002 04:58 AM

ive played through the game fully twice now
and not once did a dragon i attacked exibit the behavior you described

most of the dragons seem to say a bunch of words then then claw me till they or i die

try meleeing the red dragon; hes a real tuffy; my orc with 340 hit points had to flee once to heal before he could finish him off; my rogue with 80 hit points had to run around shooting arrows at it for a loong time.

replaying as a sorcerer now; am only at ch1 as yet tho; and good lord is it tough to not die when you only have 7 hit points.

Calaethis Dragonsbane 07-05-2002 05:45 AM

Dragon? where? tell me... then I can start living up to my 'second name' *grins* only evil dragons tho. the dragons in NWN are supposed to be harder then in SOA/TOB. is this true? I hope so... I got tired of whooping firkagg..

Downunda 07-05-2002 06:21 AM

I found the dragons incredibly easy, as I said in my previous post I am on the hardcore setting and haven't had to reload any of the fights against dragons, I found some of the fights against the fire giants harder than the dragons (only when there's a whole heap of them giving my dwarf a beatdown)

Calaethis Dragonsbane 07-05-2002 06:26 AM

*sighs* a pity... someone make a modual for killing dragons, call it 'Dragon Hunt' or some such...