Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   It is snowing like mad here in Texas! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73352)

Sazerac 02-05-2002 01:07 PM

Well, North Texas, at least. It's gorgeous; huge flakes coming down. They're starting to stick, too, and it's going to continue all through the night, from what I've heard.

And for those of you northern types rolling your eyes, I saw that! ;) Bear with us, we only see this about once every 3 years. :D 1/2 inch falls and the town goes wild, and we've got 3 inches predicted. I may not have to work tomorrow!

Cheers,

Melusine 02-05-2002 01:13 PM

Wow! That must be so cool! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
We hardly ever get snow here either, but when I was in Germany last Christmas the snow was over knee-high, I loved it!
I can imagine the exhilaration of seeing it snowing - I always feel like a little kid when I'm in the snow... trudging around in it, scooping it up, throwing snowballs, I love it!! :D

Redblueflare 02-05-2002 01:43 PM

Man you guys are lucky! It's so hot down here, I forget it's actually winter time! ;) I love snow, and wish I would live in a place where I could see more of it!
http://members.lycos.co.uk/iboswell/RBF.jpg[/url]</br>[b]<font color="red">Red<font color="blue">Blue<font color="white">Flare</br>[i]<center> The dragon tamer lives on...

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Redblueflare ]</p>

Epona 02-05-2002 01:43 PM

Melusine, same here. Occassional snow in the south of England, but not often and usually not very deep. I think the last time we had any was Christmas 2000. North of England and Scotland gets a lot more though, every year usually.
Mostly we just have rain, rain, rain. :(

Epona 02-05-2002 01:44 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Man you guys are lucky! It's so hot down here, I forget it's actually winter time! ;) I love snow, and wish I would live in a place where I could see more of it!
<hr></blockquote>

Hi Red,
Just a quick request, would you mind shrinking your sig pic a bit? It looks great, but makes the screen go all scrolly for those of us on low resolutions (grrrr, if only my office would spend money on decent equipment!)
Cheers, it is a really good pic!

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]</p>

Melusine 02-05-2002 01:49 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Epona:

Hi Red,
Just a quick request, would you mind shrinking your sig pic a bit? It looks great, but makes the screen go all scrolly for those of us on low resolutions (grrrr, if only my office would spend money on decent equipment!)
Cheers, it is a really good pic!

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]
<hr></blockquote>

I agree. I PMed Red about it already earlier this day, it's way too big according to the size regulations. Also, the HTML does something weird to the text beneath.

Garnet FalconDance 02-05-2002 01:56 PM

Saz

Nothing personal, but you can *have* the snow! We just got rid of the ice and are still cleaning up the mess left behind. Thousands in MO and KS are without electricity still and........I'm ready for spring.

Galadria 02-05-2002 02:03 PM

Hi, Sazerac, how was New Orleans? We're just getting flurries here in East Texas, but my family in Fort Worth are all excited. My stepson is just ecstatic.

Sazerac 02-05-2002 02:10 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
Saz

Nothing personal, but you can *have* the snow! We just got rid of the ice and are still cleaning up the mess left behind. Thousands in MO and KS are without electricity still and........I'm ready for spring.
<hr></blockquote>

Understood fully, dear Garnet. I wouldn't want it either under that circumstance. Right now I'm looking out the office window at these crazy Texas idjits flying past at 50 mph or faster in this blizzard and thinking, by the gods, if I were driving, I'd be danged careful and not treating the roads like the Indy 500! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] Texans don't understand snow; maybe they think it's cotton candy or something. :rolleyes: :D

Epona, no kidding! I figured England would be under snow for 3 months out of the year. I stand corrected, hm!

Cheers,

Sir ReGiN 02-05-2002 02:16 PM

Sazerac, I advise you to make the most of the situation..
Get a couple of colleagues, students and by-standers, and start a snow fight!
Come on, don't be afraid, it's really funny!! :D