Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ANOTHER Black Isle RPG !!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74734)

Micah Foehammer 05-01-2002 11:35 PM

Posted on Gamespot.com:

Black Isle to unveil new role-playing game at E3

Interplay announces that Icewind Dale II won't be its only PC role-playing game on display.

Interplay has unveiled its lineup for the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo later this month. The company will show a number of console games, and the publisher's role-playing game division, Black Isle Studios, will be showing two games. The first game on display will be Icewind Dale II, the sequel to Black Isle's 2000 hack-and-slash role-playing game. Icewind Dale II will feature the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules, and, like the original game, it will draw some inspiration from R.A. Salvatore's Icewind Dale Trilogy novels. The second game will be an unnamed role-playing game that the developer will reveal at the show.
Icewind Dale II is currently scheduled for release at the end of the month--just a few days after the end of E3. We'll have more information on both Icewind Dale II and Black Isle's unnamed role-playing game soon.

Iluvatar Oakenshield 05-01-2002 11:40 PM

Let's hope It's a BG1 part 2 meaning you start at level 1 and you have to be totally afraid of wolves and ogres again - Aaah those good old times [img]smile.gif[/img]

slayer666 05-01-2002 11:45 PM

that would be sweet [img]graemlins/1dice.gif[/img]

Micah Foehammer 05-01-2002 11:46 PM

I think it might be one of two possibilities:

FALLOUT 3

or

BG 3 (no, not a continuation of BG1 / BG2 Bhallspawn line, but another in the Baldur's Gate Franchise. BIS has commented in their forums repeatedly that just because the Bhallspawn plot ended in BG2:TOB it did NOT mean the end to Baldur Gate Franchise line. hehe)

MILAMBER 05-02-2002 12:07 AM

I'll be there and I'll see what I can find out for you guys. I went to E3 last year as well and was disappointed to find out that the only Black Isle booth was for private parties. I couldn't go in to talk to people.

Wurm 05-02-2002 12:09 AM

Oh please let it be fallout three! :D

Downunda 05-02-2002 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wurm:
Oh please let it be fallout three! :D
I'm with you dude! Although another BG type game wouldn't be all bad either. I wonder why they've kept it a secret?

lroyo 05-02-2002 12:45 AM

So many games to play....too little time to play them!

Life's good! :D

Jorath Calar 05-02-2002 10:51 AM

I want a new BG games, with totally duffrent story... and even in another part of the FR world... Calisman or Ravens Bluff...

Or how about a Dragonlance Infinity game...?

Well it's just a wish... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Rokenn 05-02-2002 11:09 AM

I'd love to see a MMRPG set in the Fallout universe. That would be pretty cool =)