Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ARGH! Annoying bug-MAJOR END GAME SPOILERS! [Tactics Mod] (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14564)

Xen 12-15-2003 04:10 PM

I have this strange but at the Final Battle with Jon Irenicus. It never happend to me before. So i put the final Tear Of Bhaal into the eye he comes up taunts. He starts babling about how powerful he is yada,yada,yada. Then he summons up his friends,and then it happens. You know when you see the teleport away and the battle starts. For a second usually there is just your char on the screen no controls or battle text. But now it disappers like usually but nothing engaes after that. You just see main char standing there and you can`t see the "control panel" with battle text and other options like Save game...

Other mods that I have are:
Ease Of Use
Ascension
Solaufein
Item Upgrade
Valen
Spell 50

I think that is all.

I am fully patched.

Ares 12-15-2003 04:16 PM

I had this same problem exiting my P.P. in ToB. I just CLUA warped to a diff. area, and it hasn't happened since..

Have you tried reloading?

Xen 12-15-2003 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ares:
I had this same problem exiting my P.P. in ToB. I just CLUA warped to a diff. area, and it hasn't happened since..

Have you tried reloading?

Yes, I did. Nothing changed.

Assassin 12-15-2003 05:12 PM

Do you have anything that will kill one of them right away, like Spike Traps?

SixOfSpades 12-15-2003 05:18 PM

I would Uninstall Improved Irenicus, then Reinstall it, and Reload again....but just to be safe, wait until Weimer sees this and posts his advice.

Luckily, if worst comes to worst, you should be able to just uninstall Imp. Irenicus and beat the normal version.

Userunfriendly 12-15-2003 05:29 PM

this has happened to me...

and what i did was to move

"Clck26.itm" out of my override directory, to get the old bounce cloak of mirrors back...

now irenicus in the final battle steals your stuff, including cloak of mirrors...so when i moved it out of the override, the game hung on the cutscene...i ended up cntrl escape out of the game, then i recopied it back into the override, and it worked fine...

SixOfSpades 12-16-2003 01:11 AM

Yes, folks you heard it here! Weimer has done something that actually PREVENTS cheesy, over-the-top powergaming! Let no man now say that blowing BG out of proportion is all he lives for!

(In my book, getting the old Cloak of Cheese back is a cheat, not a cheese, since you have to go outside the game to do it.)

Xen 12-16-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Assassin:
Do you have anything that will kill one of them right away, like Spike Traps?
Yeah but I set them down the stairs like usual. Alwayas worked before.