Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Forum has been Upgraded -- And Avatar news! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88847)

Ziroc 12-24-2003 03:45 AM

We have upgraded to the latest version of this Forum Software, which is v6.6.1, and there are loads of new features (many on the admin side).

BUT, a few things happen when you upgrade:

1. You are limited to 20 (I THINK) Avatars
2. The Post/Reply/Edit/PM post fields windows are small again.

3. Some Smilies may not work

Reason? When I install new updates, all the special modded coding I did is lost--no worries, as it's pretty simple to change these 3 things back to our favorite look, so it's cool.

At the Moment, the highest rank that the forum SEES is "Lord Ao". :D The other ranks are THERE, it's just that the code won't go past a certain number. (They need to make that UNLIMITED Damnit!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, I'm tired as hell, so I'll do these tomorrow. ;) I'm sure there are other things I'll change too--the 'Submit to the Choc' WILL be back Muhahah, Mortals! [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]

BTW, when you reply to a post, scroll down, and you can see a inserted window to scroll the thread you replied to! Now THIS can be turned off, so if loads of people hate it, I'll nuke it.

Night!

Jorath Calar 12-24-2003 04:59 AM

Great news (except for the avatars), thanks for all the hard work Ziroc and have a merry christmas... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen 12-24-2003 05:15 AM

So THAT is the reason that I am Lord Ao... again! :D

Man i was scared that I lost my post count! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Keep up the good work Ziroc!

uss 12-24-2003 06:09 AM

Ah, I liked this small box more anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] - this is how I remembered Ironworks.

The inserted window looks alot more nice also [img]smile.gif[/img]

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-24-2003 07:33 AM

Good job Ziroc [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I like how its much faster, really helps on dial up! And its pretty funny seing everyone on Lord AO, makes my post count seem quite big!

edit; I also like how you can see all the posts in the topic just like they are when u see them before replying, really cool!

[ 12-24-2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]

Cloudbringer 12-24-2003 08:35 AM

That's great, Z! Merry Christmas to you and your family and big ol SMOOCH to [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] ! I hope you remembered the tuna and salmon treats he asked santa for! teehee!

wellard 12-24-2003 10:17 AM

Good work Z and a merry christmas to you [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

The scrolling box seems a good feature, good for long discussions when you can use it to cut and paste. I guess some people will not like change but i'm all for it :D

Sir Goulum 12-24-2003 11:53 AM

Back to being Aoish.... I need my...whatever it was... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dreamer128 12-24-2003 01:00 PM

Hey.. I just made it to the top. Great move, Z. ;) I do miss my Unicorn, though.

Bahamut 12-24-2003 01:04 PM

Oh yeah... new software... ;)

merry christmas Z!!! Don't work too hard for a bit... [img]smile.gif[/img]